Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beestigbeestje

macrumors regular
May 17, 2007
Belgium
Do you both use nVidia CUDA drivers? On my laptop, my graphics seem erratic just like yours, but I did notice after I reboot my CUDA pref requests for me to update the drivers. However the latest ones are already installed.

I've got it narrowed down. The issue only happens when switching to integrated gpu. If I enable gfxCardStatus and lock any gpu, the freezes don't occur anymore.
So there is something wrong with automatisch switching. I suggest turning it off and do it manually with gfxCardStatus until another beta comes out.
I'm not using CUDA drivers

gspannu

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
UK
I can't seem to download the just released Build 12D38.

I have logged into my Dev Account - downloaded the Software Update Package. Installed & Run this...
Tried Software Update... but just get 'No Updates'.

Stuck at Build 12D32....

Any ideas as to how to force the new update !

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 02.png
    02.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 79

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom

Humex

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
Problems graphics solved with build 12D38 by cons it is the turn of the Safari browser to crash without stopping.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
users are required to install the OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility in order to upgrade to the build.

actually this is no longer necessary.

apple have now put the dmg files onto the mac dev center and have modified the seed note to say:

Installation Instructions

You can install this update using the 1) OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility OR 2) Combo or delta manual update

1) OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility

- If you have already installed the "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility", choose "Software Update" from the Apple menu. Otherwise, proceed with the following steps.
- Log into your Apple Developer account and download the "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility".

- After running the installer, the Mac App Store will open automatically. Click on the Updates panel and OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 build 12D38 will now be available for download.

- When a newer seed build is available, you will receive a notification to update from the Mac App Store. Click the notification to begin the installation. New seed notes will be posted in the Mac Dev Center.

- To stop receiving new seed builds, go to the Software Update Preference in System Preferences and where it says "Your computer is set to receive pre- release Software Update seeds", press the "Change..." button.
Note: If you are using a computer which gets its updates from a local Software Update server, the OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility will reconfigure your machine to use Apple's Software Update servers. Your computer must be able to connect to Apple's Software Update servers to install the seed. We recommend that you remove any Configuration Profile that specifies a local Software Update server before installing the OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility.

2) Combo or delta manual update
- Log into your Apple Developer account and download the OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Update (Combo or Delta).
- The OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Update (Combo) updates:
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, 10.8.1, 10.8.2 GM, or previous seeds of 10.8.3.
- The OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Update (Delta) updates:
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 GM or previous seed builds of 10.8.3.

ssamimacify

Jul 15, 2012
I regret that I installed this update. Half of the apps doesn't work at all. and others may open at first time, and if i close them, they don't start again.

Waiting for new update....

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Exact same problem here. Do not update. Apps MAY load once then after that they will just bounce a few times and lock up.

I regret that I installed this update. Half of the apps doesn't work at all. and others may open at first time, and if i close them, they don't start again.

Waiting for new update....

filippaulsen

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
Probably spring

This is the reason why we currently have an OS that should have been discontinued and burned!

Please Apple, don't stress making new operating systems, but please hurry ****ing up fixing the major bugs in the current one instead.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
yeah.

it's build 12d43 now but alas the dmgs are not yet available and you have to get it through the mas again.

but the dmgs should go up onto the mac dev center soon

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.