Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
You can watch all of one HD movie before you start paying a second arm and leg. Obscene overage charges can track up like the is no tomorrow.

You can thank all the people on Verizon that use 80+ gb of data a month because they cancelled their home Internet and just use LTE, these top 5% of users screwed everybody else over.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
You can thank all the people on Verizon that use 80+ gb of data a month because they cancelled their home Internet and just use LTE, these top 5% of users screwed everybody else over.

So what if I use 80+ gb of data a month on LTE? I paid for it. Just because you don't use as much doesn't mean anything.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
So what if I use 80+ gb of data a month on LTE? I paid for it. Just because you don't use as much doesn't mean anything.

People like you congest the network and cause a lot of traffic. It's a phone for gods sake. If the network is beefy enough to handle that much use then I say go for it. #

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
People, like you, are EXACTLY why VZW and AT&T have done away with unlimited plans.

Oh, people like me who actually use the features of the smartphone I paid for and the monthly charges that go with it? Call me crazy, but I didn't buy a smartphone to let it go to waste.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Oh, people like me who actually use the features of the smartphone I paid for and the monthly charges that go with it? Call me crazy, but I didn't buy a smartphone to let it go to waste.

Smartphone wasn't meant to replace your home Internet it's why they did away with unlimited and will with your grandfathered plans soon enough

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010

When did VZW ever say it was a replacement for your home internet? A smartphone isn't a home computer, nor should you be pushing 80gb/month with one. That is just ridiculous. This just shows you are cheap and trying to pinch pennies.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
I'm Currently on Fido(Rogers) because LTE sucks here in Northern GTA(Woodbridge/Vaughan to be specific, No LTE North of Barrie to begin with) (Outskirts as I do not live downtown or Scarborough) So I turned my LTE off and been on 3G (Where I get 8-15Mbps Down and 3-8Mbps UP) so I cant really say im not happy...honestly that is more than enough for me. I only load youtube videos every now n then, I mostly do social networking, streaming music, emailing, texting, playing game every now n then and facetime/skype calls. 3G is great today but maybe few more years down the road ill say I need something faster on a mobile phone.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
When did VZW ever say it was a replacement for your home internet? A smartphone isn't a home computer, nor should you be pushing 80gb/month with one. That is just ridiculous. This just shows you are cheap and trying to pinch pennies.

I didn't pay my hard earned money to be pushed around by some telco saying what I can and can't do with my own smatphone and data connection I pay for. I paid for my data. Whether I use a little of it or a lot of it is up to me and none of your business. Just because I like to use my smartphone as my primary device is also none of your business. Shall we also limit everyone that has a car to only be able to drive 100 km per month?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.