Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Jared from Carboniphones.com sent me some carbon fiber skins to play with until the pastel grey (which I think is exactly like the sector 5 silver) is available sometime this weekend.....
really simple to put on sorry for the huge pics (Nexus camera, nuff said)

Looks almost identical to ********** website???

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
Partridge: Thanks for sharing the pictures of the Black Ops, it does looks awsome!. When did you ordered yours? Mine is still listed as processing, I ordered on November 27, 2013.:(

I ordered on the evening of the 26th. However I had previously preordered the First Edition and changed it, so my order date was listed as Nov 6th (the date of my initial order), which may have bumped me up the line?

Aays06

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
I ordered on the evening of the 26th. However I had previously preordered the First Edition and changed it, so my order date was listed as Nov 6th (the date of my initial order), which may have bumped me up the line?

Not true. I changed order also was November 7 originally and still no shipping. This is bs I think in elements part. Anyways. That's weird your case didn't come with privacy shield. Yes I wouldn't use either but would complain. And as far as the rash guards. U would have them keep sending you some until they fit right.

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Sector 5 silver-Luckylabs full wrap carbon fiber back, brushed metal top and bottom+ logo, red wrap. black iphone 5.
I'm not really feelin' the brushed metal combination; took a shot in the dark to see how this would turn out.

Anyone else have gaps like in the first two pictures? when I rotate the phone around in my hand I can see through the left and right edges.

5ebe0d02fd2c88b70f313a8b6c000e6f.jpg

70e090ace97b70ad7a417e87b7ff2f9d.jpg

ad22b5ede41c67818d825ff45461d312.jpg

ed248f263a07993fc8125c8ea90af486.jpg

24da0c9e91b13cac9a68735d259aceca.jpg

ipad pics no flash^^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Sector 5 silver-Luckylabs full wrap carbon fiber back, brushed metal top and bottom+ logo, red wrap. black iphone 5.
I'm not really feelin' the brushed metal combination; took a shot in the dark to see how this would turn out.

Anyone else have gaps like in the first two pictures? when I rotate the phone around in my hand I can see through the left and right edges.

ipad pics no flash^^^
Nice ;)

What gaps?

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Here is mine right now. I added the button and orange wraps. Sorry about the crappy pics! Ipad pics!
image-16.jpg

image-17.jpg

image-18.jpg

image-19.jpg

image-20.jpg

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
Nice ;)

What gaps?

That gap. It's not a defect, it's part of the design.

It's unavoidable with this case. The rails can't be actually touching the phone, or they'll rub and damage it metal on metal, so there are small felt pads covering the potential contact points. If they made the cutouts any smaller, you wouldn't be able to access the controls.

Attachments

• 5ebe0d02fd2c88b70f313a8b6c000e6f.jpg
    5ebe0d02fd2c88b70f313a8b6c000e6f.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 178

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
That gap. It's not a defect, it's part of the design.

It's unavoidable with this case. The rails can't be actually touching the phone, or they'll rub and damage it metal on metal, so there are small felt pads covering the potential contact points. If they made the cutouts any smaller, you wouldn't be able to access the controls.

yeah that is what I assumed as well. Just wanted to make sure anyway.

Untitled.png

One thing I would like to share about this case is how solid it makes the whole phone feel. besides the gaps it really does feel like its an extension of the phone its self. I was never a fan of typing in landscape but now that I can grip the phone with the sector 5 around it, it feels very solid.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012

ipad pics no flash^^^

Yeah, their more prominate with thicker wraps on the side of your phone also, you could take the pads out and let it touch the phone but you run the risk of damage. I have lucky labs carbon fiber wraps and their a lot thicker so it sticks out some but I got use to it.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
MOD NOTE: Since y'all apparently can't keep the thread on topic and within the forum rules. I've closed this thread for clean up.

Open again. Keep it clean or we'll send it to Wasteland.

B

Last edited:

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Come on guys! This is a cool thread, let's not get it closed over stupid fighting! I enjoy looking at everyone's creations!

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Has anyone got the black ops edition? If so can you please post pics of all sides to see if its worth buying or my son. I would greatly appreciate!

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
It's finally done...for this case anyways!
image-22.jpg

image-21.jpg

image-23.jpg

Here is the front of my mini I just finished! It's brushed metal and it turned out great!
image-25.jpg

Gray bishop

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2012
I have those gaps as well, I thought they were because of the wraps
I like what you did design wise, nice work!!!!!!!!

You dont realize how cool this case and the wraps and skins are until you pull it out at a location, I was watching Pacquioa (however you spell his name) go "night-night" and this kid was looking at my phone like it was something wild......

Last edited:

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011

You dont realize how cool this case and the wraps and skins are until you pull it out at a location, I was watching Pacquioa (however you spell his name) go "night-night" and this kid was looking at my phone like it was something wild......

Boy he did go night night! Man, I've never seen him take a shot like that! He's done. Ok, back on track.

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010

Thanks. I have to credit Tan back in like pages 27 or 31 he posted a black on silver sector 5 with red wrap on just the bottom and I thought it looked great. The red wrap that goes around the outside really compliments a black iphone with the sector 5 in black or silver.
Pac sure took a nap out there tonight. At least the fight was much better then the last bradley nonsense.

So I didn't realize the lightning to 30 pin adapter made by apple even with the .2m extension does not fit this case. I know this was discussed pages ago but for some reason assumed everyone was referring to the cheaper adapter without the .2m cord. I didn't know the adapters lightning plug was fatter then the stock lightning usb cable from apple. I wasn't about to drive around without being able to charge/play music. Its a very simple fix. You just bust out a dremel and sand it down a couple mm on either side.

3d4e38a25d719f6023ddf0844352686e.jpg

88ff6a13e1791533b481ee760631870f.jpg

bam done. Not necessary but I coated on some white out to cover up the scuffyness after taking these pics.

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
Anyone else have received a black ops? I wonder how the yellow Lucky Lab wraps will look with the yellow links of the case, that is the combination I'm considering (also bought olympic blue and regular blue just in case the yellow does not look good after all)

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Does anyone on here actually have the black ops edition yet? I've seen someone post a pic but now they won't post anymore! Id like to see more of the case.

Gray bishop

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2012
Anyone else have received a black ops? I wonder how the yellow Lucky Lab wraps will look with the yellow links of the case, that is the combination I'm considering (also bought olympic blue and regular blue just in case the yellow does not look good after all)

that combination sounds great

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011

I purchased yellow and gold. Hopefully one of those will match.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.