Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

treehorn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
I have not been able to sync my IPad since upgrading to ITunes 11 (really regretting doing that...). I've tried wirelessly, I've tried via USB and I constantly am getting an error message saying that "There is not enough free space to hold all the selected items"

Which is odd since A) I haven't added anything (in fact I've deleted movies and music from what would be synced) and B) my Ipad has 20GB free on it at present

I've gone through the various menus to see if anything got toggled but nope...it's only syncing the playlist I put together (side note...why did Apple get rid of the feature of being able to see how large a playlist is? It doesn't help to know how many items and how many days, I need to know how many gigs!). No movies are being synced, no TV shows, no photos libraries...

Any ideas before I try a reset? I'm using a first Generation iPad if that makes a difference (does Itunes 11 only work well with IOS6...hmmm)

EDIT: Discovered how to get the "how big is my playlist info" at least...you have to go to VIEW menu and RESTORE STATUS BAR... So at least i know my playlist is only 18GB...

Last edited:

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I have an iPad 3 that is still on iOS 5.x, and it's syncing okay with iTunes 11, so at least that's not the problem. Other than that, I'm afraid I don't have any ideas. Sorry.

treehorn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
So far I'm majorly unimpressed with ITunes 11 as it so sluggish (takes forever to do a search for anything - yes I have a large library but never had a problem before...). I see a reset in my future...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.