Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madog

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
Previously in iTunes one could right click an iPhone in the sidebar and "restore from backup" which allowed you to manually pick a backup to restore from. In iTunes 11 there is a button for it in the main window when a device is selected, but it's grayed out for me even though my iCloud has several gigs worth of backups.

Any ideas?

madog

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
In the top right of iTunes, click on the pertinent device, and under Backups, you will see Restore Backup...

Yeah, that button was just greyed out so I couldn't use it, even though my iCloud is full of backups. I ultimately restored the phone last night, but it only let's me restore from the backup it did after the restore.

Even from the phone going into settings and iCloud>Storage and Backup>Manage Storage>My iPhone, the Camera Roll says there's 4GB of data backed up. I don't quite understand why (I have not ever used Photo Stream) I'm not able to restore it in anyway.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Yeah, that button was just greyed out so I couldn't use it, even though my iCloud is full of backups. I ultimately restored the phone last night, but it only let's me restore from the backup it did after the restore.

Even from the phone going into settings and iCloud>Storage and Backup>Manage Storage>My iPhone, the Camera Roll says there's 4GB of data backed up. I don't quite understand why (I have not ever used Photo Stream) I'm not able to restore it in anyway.

You restore from iCloud on the phone itself, not using iTunes.

Reset all data in settings. When the phone comes back up, it will prompt you to restore from iCloud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.