Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

filmbufs

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
Oklahoma
To filmbufs you can still use iWeb as I still do. I have iLife 11 or whatever was the last one to have iWeb on the disc which is how I have it installed on my October 2011 iMac. I just put in the iLife disc and installed it and then installed all my templets from other vendors that I had purchased over the last few years and everything still works great.

I know someday it might not but for now it's all good. If you have it on disc I would just install it and use it like you have been.

Thanks, Dodger. Great to know it will still work with iLife upgrades. Yay!

Mattjeff

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2008
This is a very stupid question i'm sure but... when did iWeb 3 come out?? I have been using 2.04 since... forever. I agree with the poster that I have been unable to find a more well built application then iWeb even given how old it is. Should I move from 2 to 3? any thoughts or comments on this?

saltspringer

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2011
Saltspring Island
I really, really hope you guys aren't using iWeb for anything critical, because when it breaks, it breaks bad. I had the misfortune of trying to troubleshoot an iWeb site that had started to screw up, and there was no fixing it.

I think Apple had some very good reasons for discontinuing it. There's got to be better quick 'n dirty website creation programs out there.

kleen

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Missing iweb but wordpress here I come

I agree with your comments about iweb. I miss it terribly!!! I have had to decide what to do next. For me I think I'll try wordpress. I will mainly be putting my artwork up and links to professional business services. We'll see. It would be SO much easier if iweb would return. :cool:

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Adobe Muse is OUTSTANDING.

I'm a graphic designer with no knowledge of coding, so I like you used iWeb to make some crude sites. It's not free, but if you do a lot of web, worth it in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.