Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joe-Diver

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2009
When the Bose Bashers come in and talk about how sucky this product is, in order for their post to have any validity whatsoever:

1. Where did you buy this product?
2. How long have you been using it?
3. Besides your ears, did you use any fidelity measuring devices to compare with other products?
4. What other products did you directly compare it to? (side by side)
5. How much time each day do you use this product?

Without this information, or any direct experience really....any opinion on the product is worth less than the average Internet Opinion....which is generally worthless anyway.

mkbook

macrumors member
May 8, 2010
Bose doesn't make quality products. The only redeeming thing out of Bose is the QuietComfort 15 since their noise canceling is decent on a plane.

I'm currently using the Bowers & Wilkins A7 and it's amazing. I'm using my Mac, iPhone, and iPad audio through this speaker. Bluetooth speakers are terrible since it isn't lossless.

slffl

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
Am I actually in before people start bashing Bose? Incredible!

I couldn't be happier with my QC 15's.

And Bose customer support is by far the best I have encountered in any industry.

Was going to post the same thing. The QC 15's rock! By far the best NC headphones I've tried. Nothing wrong with Bose, just another internet fad to bash them along with Apple and Nickelback.

----------

bose sucks..who cares

I rest my case.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
No highs, no lows...must be Bose.

Bose:

Buy
Other
Sound
Equipment

Bose...selling a $300 surround system to the ill informed for $2200.

Bose...the power of marketing.

"Why don't you buy a Bose system? I hear they are the best."

"Who told you that?"

"They did."

Sounds like a form over function company.

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
They sued Consumer Reports once upon a time. And threatened other magazines when they reported actual measured amplifier and speaker specs for Bose products. (like they do for all such reviews) Bose refuses to report real specs for some of their products. Most of the mags just quit reviewing Bose.

Their more expensive stuff is the Lifestyle cube systems, and they are very poor in real playback. They simply miss too many frequencies.

They also do not post wattage. No tech specs...just "it sounds better because we told you so."

The problem is that people get suckered by their in store theater. Put any audio system in that acoustically perfect room and it'll sound good.

Heinsenberg

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2011
Murrieta, CA.

Bose:

Buy
Other
Sound
Equipment

"Who told you that?"

"They did."

ANYONE that still posts these, loses all credibility.

----------

The problem is that people get suckered by their in store theater. Put any audio system in that acoustically perfect room and it'll sound good.

It's hilarious to me to hear all these uninformed people making such statements. You clearly do not know what you are talking about. No clue. None.

----------

I've got a SoundDock II portable, have had it over four years now, not a hiccup, and sounds fantastic for a portable radio. Bash all you want, they make a quality product.

I have this as well.
This has to be my all time favorite electronics purchase.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
Not that I am a fan of Bose, other than their noise canceling headphones, but your statement makes no sense. You can hear the differences between good and mediocre systems more easily in an "acoustically perfect" room. Performance would not be limited by the room, which would muddy the waters.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008

Bose:

Buy
Other
Sound
Equipment

"Who told you that?"

"They did."

Wow, you're so creative and funny! I've never heard of any of those hilarious Bose jokes. I'll go buy something from an obscure boutique high end audio company now because people on the internet say it's the best.

Why would anyone buy these things. For that price you could get AudioEngine A2s and a refurbished Airport Express. Much better sound + AirPlay. I just don't get this product, ever since AirPlay has been out.

For the price of a car I could get many many rides in a taxi. Much more spacious and it drives itself. I just don't get cars ever since the taxi driver was invented.

My point is that it's a different product. It does the same thing (get you to your destination<>play music) but in a different manner.

Quite the opposite. A room with good acoustic design would accentuate flaws in a poor sound system.

Last edited:

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
ANYONE that still posts these, loses all credibility.

----------

It's hilarious to me to hear all these uninformed people making such statements. You clearly do not know what you are talking about. No clue. None.

Go ahead and post all of the research that Bose has done on sound delivery that cannot be quantified by anyone but them.

Bose: "Our equipment sounds better than anything out there."

Anyone who knows anything about sound design: "No it doesn't".

----------

Wow, you're so creative and funny! I've never heard of any of those hilarious Bose jokes. I'll go buy something from an obscure boutique high end audio company now because people on the internet say it's the best.

Its not people on the internet. Its respected audio review magazines. Most don't even bother reviewing Bose equipment.

Heinsenberg

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2011
Murrieta, CA.
Go ahead and post all of the research that Bose has done on sound delivery that cannot be quantified by anyone but them.

Bose: "Our equipment sounds better than anything out there."

Anyone who knows anything about sound design: "No it doesn't".

----------

Its not people on the internet. Its respected audio review magazines. Most don't even bother reviewing Bose equipment.

Here's the bottom line; customers that buy Bose product LOVE their purchases, love them. If they ever have a problem, it is resolved better than any company......this is a fact.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
I dont understand how people here can say Bose systems are junk :confused: i do agree they are overpriced but you also pay for the brand name and costumer service plus build quality; i dont see anybody complaint about apple here in that regard, they also sell overpriced stuff but by no means are junk.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Entertaining

For the guys bashing Bose for being overpriced for what you get...... ummm you own Apple products ;)

Just keeping it real! you can get the same results for a lot less, but your prepared to pay a premium for the design and better UX. I just laugh when I see Apple fans bash Bose. Ahhh the Irony!!!!

Myself, I am an Audiophile, though I still own a few Bose products cause their designs and functionality meet my everyday needs (Bose campanion 5 pc speakers etc). When I really want to enjoy my music I would never pick up a Bose headset and always reach for my Stax SR-1.

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
I dont understand how people here can say Bose systems are junk :confused: i do agree they are overpriced but you also pay for the brand name and costumer service plus build quality; i dont see anybody complaint about apple here in that regard, they also sell overpriced stuff but by no means are junk.

Had me until build quality

Google "paper cones"

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008

Spot on.

Both companies have excellent Marketing. You can purchase an equivalent performing hardware for less. Though people buy apple cause it works. Well fact is, so does BOSE. Though if you know your stuff, just like with computers you can get better performance. Lots of people cannot be arsed and just want a package that is easy to setup, had excellent support and looks good. I actually assume most Apple owners are drawn to Bose products actually.

----------

Had me until build quality

Google "paper cones"

You are much better off Googling, Bose paper cones ;)

This is the BOSE response to your papergate!

You may ask "Why does Bose use “paper” cones ?

Bose uses cone materials that best achieve the design goals of the specific application, rather than appeal to the latest trend. The material used on the woofers is
better described as “fiber composite.” (Fibers include cellulose [paper], wool, polyester, and several other materials.) The process used to fabricate fiber-consistent composite cones is actually more sophisticated than the molding process typically used to create polymer cones.

The technological advantage provided by fiber composite over most plastics is a higher stiffness-to-mass ratio. The result is smooth, natural bass response with less coloration usually caused by cone deformation. The fiber composite selected by Bose also withstands much higher operating temperatures than commonly used polymers, resulting in added reliability

Heinsenberg

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2011
Murrieta, CA.
Can somebody explain me what the point of this product is?
The bluetooth speaker systems are superior to this.. no plugging in, the iPhone itself is the remote.

Why is this even on the market these days?

There are several million owners of iPod classics and Nano's, etc. out there, plus the fact that it charges the iPod is a huge convenience.

The SoundDock sounds better than the SoundLink Mobile, IMO.

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
no highs, no lows...must be bose.

Bose:

Buy
other
sound
equipment

bose...selling a $300 surround system to the ill informed for $2200.

"why don't you buy a bose system? I hear they are the best."

"who told you that?"

"they did."

1+++++

coldmack

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2008
When the Bose Bashers come in and talk about how sucky this product is, in order for their post to have any validity whatsoever:

1. Where did you buy this product?
2. How long have you been using it?
3. Besides your ears, did you use any fidelity measuring devices to compare with other products?
4. What other products did you directly compare it to? (side by side)
5. How much time each day do you use this product?

Without this information, or any direct experience really....any opinion on the product is worth less than the average Internet Opinion....which is generally worthless anyway.
I haven't use a fidelity measure, but every magazine in the past that tried to measure their frequency response or any other specs have gotten in trouble by Bose.

My friend has their OE2, which is a really comfortable headphone, but for the price she paid for them they really sound sub-par. The same goes for the Bose system in my car, and my parents car, it lacks clean mids, and highs aren't as crisp or properly rolled off as they should be. I actual prefer the stock system in my friends Toyota.
Really, Bose key demographics aren't the Audiophile, or connoisseur, but the older person who doesn't want to or have time to do research and audio shopping.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009

Bose:

Buy
Other
Sound
Equipment

"Who told you that?"

"They did."

Their car systems are nice, but I think $40 Sony headphones do the job of the higher-priced Bose headphones.

Have you ever compared a Bose speaker system to the cheaper ones? Just wondering because everyone here who has Bose speaker systems say that they're totally worth it.

coldmack

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2008
Yet to see any bose product brake from normal use.....

My parents would disagree with that. The Bose system in their luxury car had a blown speaker in driver side rear. Lucky cars the warranty covered it, since the dealer said it was due to poor material usage. That is why most automotive manufactures are actually moving away from Bose(B&W though better is not worth the 5-8k some manufactures charge for the optional system).

----------

Their car systems are nice, but I think $40 Sony headphones do the job of the higher-priced Bose headphones.

Have you ever compared a Bose speaker system to the cheaper ones? Just wondering because everyone here says that the sound docks are worth it.

Well that's not to fair since with the Sony you are probably going to get more bass, while the Bose headphones aren't know for its punchier bass, or forward mids like Sony can be.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Here's the bottom line; customers that buy Bose product LOVE their purchases, love them. If they ever have a problem, it is resolved better than any company......this is a fact.

Reminds me of Consumer Reports telling me to avoid the iPhone 4 by "not recommending it". I have an iPhone 4. I can no longer recommend Consumer Reports.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.