Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
First of all, I won't be using EE as their subscriptions are ridiculously priced and in truth their network is pretty slow.

I've been to 3 O2 shops, three Carphone Warehouses and a Three store. Nothing that I can pop into my iPad then and there.

Oh yeah, and Apple Regent Street was no help at all.

So where are people getting their sims? And who is recommended for PAYG service?

CocoPops

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2007
I ordered a 12gb 90day 3 sim.

and a £2.99 sim cutter from ebay :)

So for £15 I have 12gb of 3g data to use over the next 90 days.

If I use it all, I'll just buy another sim (and cut it down), if I don't use it, well hey it's only £5/month effectively.

jamllew

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
I've ordered the 10gb rolling contract for £15 from three. Sim came the next day. I also went through the quidco site so hopefully will get some cash back.

Excuse me for asking but where can you get the 12gb sims for £15 from? I don't think I'll need 10gb a month but it is £15 to top up for 3gb with three. As I'm on a rolling contract, I can cancel anytime so am still considering all the options.

Thanks

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
I'm really trying to avoid a contract as I can use WiFi so much of the time here in London that the amount of 3G data I use is really erratic.

OldRhodie

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
Belfast
For £16 a month I get 5GB LTE with EE. Download speed with 4G is pretty fast but upload is amazing.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
I use a GiffGaff SIM (comes per-cut) on a £5 per month for 500MB no contract tariff (they piggyback off O2). Works a charm and is really cheap.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I've ordered the 10gb rolling contract for £15 from three. Sim came the next day. I also went through the quidco site so hopefully will get some cash back.

Excuse me for asking but where can you get the 12gb sims for £15 from? I don't think I'll need 10gb a month but it is £15 to top up for 3gb with three. As I'm on a rolling contract, I can cancel anytime so am still considering all the options.

Thanks

Do you have a link for this? I looked all over the site the other day and couldn't see it.

yogamonkey

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2006
London
3 Nano Sim

I walked into the Three store opposite Charing Cross Station and walked out with a £20.49 Nano SIM that went straight into my iPad mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.