Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashleypenny

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012
Was sympathising with the OP, until I read..

Really puts things into perspective. Thanks for the reminder.

Not really, you can say a similar thing about almost any post you would make on the Internet, how would many things you are doing compare?

niuniu

macrumors 68020
You can say a similar thing about almost any post you would make on the Internet, how would many things you are doing compare?

That's exactly right. The majority of whining and scale of whining on the internet is pathetic compared to the struggles people are facing in places in the Middle East, for example.

My iPhone button is sticking, oh no! Try saying that to a guy who watched his mother's head blown off in Syria.

pyzon

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
Disgraceful. You can't let them get away with this. Someone needs to get fired for this now.

It's widely publicized that you can't just modify your order and stay in place in a preorder queue, lots of big companies can't seem to figure out how to do it. Op chanced his arm, epic fail, too bad, probably should have looked at separate order. So apple didn't screw up the order they put it on their system as ordered, nobody needs to get fired and if ppl would learn patience there would be a lot less threads like this and apple employees would not be getting slapped on here.

Big deal you will miss out on all the new 27 un boxing threads boohoo hobo...worse things to be concerned about.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Evidently it will ship slightly sooner so the OP doesn't seem as <excessive_drama>sad.</excessive_drama>

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
So. This is *partly* my fault. So many people on the boards are talking about how they decided to go with a magic trackpad instead of a mouse, that I thought I would see if I could change my order. I had a BTO 27" due to ship Jan 3-Jan 8th. Now I do not.

So many people are talking about how some very nice Apple reps were giving them free things. I can't imagine how this is acceptable policy, but it is reportedly happening. Is this what you were really looking for? If so, I can't feel sorry for you having to wait at all. Maybe the thought of getting both a mouse and a trackpad hit that little part of your brain known as the Greed Center, and you figured that they would offer to send you a trackpad at no cost. It isn't like a new 27" iMac is even in the realm of impulse buy! You had plenty of time between the announcement and the pre-order to pick your options. Several days to consider pricing after the BTO prices leaked. How did you not know what you wanted?

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
So many people are talking about how some very nice Apple reps were giving them free things. I can't imagine how this is acceptable policy, but it is reportedly happening. Is this what you were really looking for? If so, I can't feel sorry for you having to wait at all. Maybe the thought of getting both a mouse and a trackpad hit that little part of your brain known as the Greed Center, and you figured that they would offer to send you a trackpad at no cost. It isn't like a new 27" iMac is even in the realm of impulse buy! You had plenty of time between the announcement and the pre-order to pick your options. Several days to consider pricing after the BTO prices leaked. How did you not know what you wanted?

To be fair; No one knew the upgrade prices until a day or two prior to the pre-order, and that's only if you were following the rumour sites.

As for his mouse/trackpad dilemma, yeah he should have had that one figured out by now, as they have both been out for years.

And I think he started this thread before people started getting freebies.

Last edited:

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
To be fair; No one knew the upgrade prices until a day or two prior to the pre-order, and that's only if you were following the rumour sites.

As for his mouse/trackpad dilemma, yeah he should have had that one figured out by now, as they have both been out for years.

And I think he started this thread before people started getting freebies.

He started this on Dec 7th, which was almost a full week after I first saw posts about freebies. Also, he posted on MacRumors, and joined in 2005. Not much of an excuse for missing pre-order price leaks.

You are right, everyone should have known by now, if they are a previous generation Mac user, which pointing input device the prefer. If you use and like a Mac laptop, or an iOS device, you will probably like the Touchpad. if you are a mouse only person, get that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.