Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjm2660

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Virginia
And so it's nearly here, crunch-time. Remember all those capitalist drones & globalisation freaks who so very recently said that an iPhone/Apple product made in America would be 10 times more expensive than a Chinese made one? Remember the "facts" of $5,000 & $10,000 that these Reaganites, Sakozians, Thatcherites puked out?

The jury is very nearly in mes amis.

Well said. We're waiting with anticipation. The proof is in the pudding.

craftytony

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
Wont his be a bad things for the products? American made things dont have the best reputation. Take American cars for example they are a laughing stock.

I see your point, but Apple is a brand associated with quality build and design.

As far as the automotive industry, look at Toyota, they were on top of the world and then wham, they had all kinds of issues with their vehicles which lead to a PR disaster.

I am excited about this news. Apple will start off small and as they figure things out, we'll see more and more products made here.

Apple will creater more and more jobs and hopefully it will be a win-win situation for everyone....then we'll hopefully see other companies follow suit.

kendall69

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2011
He also said.....

People here in the USA are too stupid to build computers here - read between the lines.

He said "we were NEVER a technology Country. Ahh really. Who build TV's, Radios, Washing Machines before they all went to China.

bjm2660

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Virginia
My money is on it being the MacPro. Even if not a hugely profitable section of the pie, I think it's presence as a goodwill gesture to pro users outweighs the costs.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Wont his be a bad things for the products? American made things dont have the best reputation. Take American cars for example they are a laughing stock.

You mean Detroit big 3 UAW shops have a reputation for bad quality. No one complains about American made Hondas, Toyotas, Subarus etc etc

MyMacintosh

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
"The sell off that's going on" has only lasted a few days.
This change in major manufacturing is something that gets planned for years.

With the "Made in USA" markings on new iMacs, it's kinda hard to keep the development completely secret any more.

A "few days" ? lol check the price again

----------

Some of the sell off is due to the impending fiscal cliff and the increase in taxes on investment income as a result of the ACA. I like this sell off because it means Apple's stock is available to buy at a good discount.

Agree

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.