Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrkjsn

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
This company was quick to ship out my minis but unfortunately FedEx is ruining the experience for me. They sent the package to FL instead of CO. Should've been here last Wed but the dates kept getting pushed back day after day. It's getting ridiculous.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
This company was quick to ship out my minis but unfortunately FedEx is ruining the experience for me. They sent the package to FL instead of CO. Should've been here last Wed but the dates kept getting pushed back day after day. It's getting ridiculous.

Ouch--sorry to hear that! That's horrible. Surely you'll get it any day now.

mrkjsn

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
Ouch--sorry to hear that! That's horrible. Surely you'll get it any day now.

Not in a terrible rush to receive it but when the package requires signature delivery, it forces me to have to accomodate for fedex day after day.

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Is Tekserve an authorized Apple Reseller?

I noticed they charge a 15% restocking fee?

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Is Tekserve an authorized Apple Reseller?

I noticed they charge a 15% restocking fee?

That is who I was referring to when I said "the place in Manhattan." I'm in Texas, and supposedly they ship free on orders over a certain amount and no tax. I believe the restocking fee only applies if you return for reasons other than a defective unit.

appl3kill

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Los Angeles
So I ordered My iPad Mini yesterday, Finally!

Anyways anyone from california or in los angeles receive their mini? How fast was your shipping?

Mine shipped today!
I choose ground shipping and it says itll be 6 days. :( I've already grown impatient. Has anyone received it before expected date?:confused:

K4LK

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Wow, that was fast!

I paid extra for expedited shipping. I wish I knew about this place last weekend. I was walking around Manhattan, particularly Ground Zero, SOHO, Little Italy, Chinatown, the East Village, Time Square and Central Park. I wouldn't have bought it in the store because of the 8.75% sales tax but I would have loved to browse. :)

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
I ordered my mini yesterday they are nice people,the lady i spoke to was even from where I live here in Sacramento.She asked me where I heard about them,so I tell her the internet and she said what site macrumors.She said they are getting lots of calls from people here,I think they owe the OP of this thred some props

nfl46

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Thanks! But no need for me to take credit, another poster told me about them.

Next year, I'll order from them again, so I can get no tax on my Apple products.

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
What number did you guys call to order?

Its the number when you click on the orange box that says contact us 888.929.3645

----------

Thanks! But no need for me to take credit, another poster told me about them.

Next year, I'll order from them again, so I can get no tax on my Apple products.

Yeah I agree saved about 35.00 I know its not that much but I give this state California enough of my money as it is.

mtpandolfi

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
I had been looking for a Slate 16gb Mini for a few days and came across this thread on Thursday. Ordered it that night and when I came home from running errands today it was at my doorstep.

Shipping from NYC to CT isn't far by any means, but I was really impressed that they were able to get it to me in less than two days (and on Saturday no less).

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
I had been looking for a Slate 16gb Mini for a few days and came across this thread on Thursday. Ordered it that night and when I came home from running errands today it was at my doorstep.

Shipping from NYC to CT isn't far by any means, but I was really impressed that they were able to get it to me in less than two days (and on Saturday no less).

Did you pay extra for the two day shipping,if not damn that was quick

LushMojo

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2008
Camden, Maine
Just ordered 16gb wifi slate/black. Tiffany helped me when I called. Super nice girl (super sexy voice). Had a nice talk about upstate NY, the mountains and warm weather here in New Orleans.

Will post follow-up after delivery.

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
+1 for Tekserve.

Courteous and fast service. Ordered our yesterday, and it arrived today!

teebeau

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2010
Paris, FR
I don't quite understand how your tax system works in the US. How can it be legal for a company not to ask for sale taxes on orders placed by customers whose state is subject to taxes?

Anyhow, I just sent an e-mail asking them if they could ship an iPad mini to France via USPS (which doesn't usually red flag customs, as opposed to UPS).
Waitin' & waitin'!

edit: they don't ship overseas

Last edited:

nfl46

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Just ordered 16gb wifi slate/black. Tiffany helped me when I called. Super nice girl (super sexy voice). Had a nice talk about upstate NY, the mountains and warm weather here in New Orleans.

Will post follow-up after delivery.

Tiffany was the lady that helped me. Not sure if its the same Tiffany though.

----------

+1 for Tekserve.

Courteous and fast service. Ordered our yesterday, and it arrived today!
That was quick! And I thought mines was quick.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
So I ordered My iPad Mini yesterday, Finally!

Anyways anyone from california or in los angeles receive their mini? How fast was your shipping?

Mine shipped today!
I choose ground shipping and it says itll be 6 days. :( I've already grown impatient. Has anyone received it before expected date?:confused:

CA here. Received mine exactly a week after I ordered.

kindaobsessed

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2010
Houston, Tx
Ipad Mini SCORE

I ordered iPad Mini on Apple website - the usual 2-3weeks was given to me. That was 2 days before Thanksgiving-on a wimp i went to BB with no hopes they would have one. Sure enough they had one, it was only Verizon, I have hot sot on my phone so I only needed WiFi but ...... I felt this is my only change so I got a white iPad mi, did not want the black. I paid way more then I wanted to but I love my iPad mini, I had iPad 2 and would not dream of selling. They both of pro's and con's. I am so grateful that BB had my ipad mini. I have strayed away from reading the last couple of years but have read 4 books sin getting my mini. I feel like I neglecting all the other features LOL. As for Ipad 2, I am a paperless person, all nots go on iPad 2, i have tried doing ipad mini but one line does not cover much.

That being said - iPad mini at best buy is the way to go, you will not regret getting ipad Verizon. i can get out whenever I want and look up anything I get the answer to whateverI need to. Drank couple of glasses of in -forgive me.

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
Does anyone know if tekserve emails shipping info after purchase so far all I have recived is the reciept. Just wondering how long it takes to get shipping info... THANKS

nfl46

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Does anyone know if tekserve emails shipping info after purchase so far all I have recived is the reciept. Just wondering how long it takes to get shipping info... THANKS

The lady I spoke with e-mailed me the tracking number once it shipped. In my case, I received mines in the same day since it shipped hours later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.