Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Ahem...

RVP has not been on my team all season. He has been a Fightin' Shroom the last 4 years. When he left the Arsenal on my birthday this year, he left my Shrooms as well.

I currently sit in 5th place in the League. Looks as though the majority of the top 10 teams have RVP.

I'm just sayin' (bragging). :p

Don't worry, didn't had him until 2-3 GW ago, and frankly, am not so sure if it was a move worth all the effort (and point deductions). I did better without him before. 13.5 or whatever he's worth now, I generally prefer a more balanced team instead (not saying I'm a bad manager here, though - competitors do notice every slight hint of weakness here at MR, although they all appear pretty neat and tidy....).

Pretty sure my Bale transaction will result in a hefty bag of hurt though.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Last week was tough, since I transferred Michu out for the Arsenal game and benched Defoe against Fulham. That's 29 stinkin' points I could have enjoyed there. *sigh*

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
But let's not think of what might have been, but rather of what actually is. As in the results from the last Gameweek in the MacRumors Cup.

Sporting Dual-Cores 43 - 43 Omaha Latics
Woodingtonhampshire 54 - 64 Neutron Heath
Horizon Heights 53 - 42 Pachyderm FC
Elisbury Hill 52 - 60 T!llionaire Toyshire
The Stoplights 52 - 52 Brainerd FC
Tall Saints 63 - 34 Pinstripe City
Argy-Bargy 45 - 56 Hardly Athletic
LITH United 52 - 62 Fizzy's Flyers
Mancunian Mopheads 59 - 63 Thigh High Socks

That leaves the table looking like this...

14-CupTable1213.png

The next round of fixtures meanwhile sees us line up thus...

Fizzy's Flyers v Sporting Dual-Cores
Hardly Athletic v Thigh High Socks
Pinstripe City v Mancunian Mopheads
Brainerd FC v LITH United
T!llionaire Toyshire v Argy-Bargy
Pachyderm FC v Tall Saints
Neutron Heath v The Stoplights
Omaha Latics v Elisbury Hill
Woodingtonhampshire v Horizon Heights​

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Are you sure that algorithm is working correctly Jaffa? Pachyderm should be ranked much more in the Southern Hemisphere....smells fishy imho!

And I tip my hat to the Tall Saints and Omaha Latics - they appear deadly efficient!

Last edited:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Are you sure that algorithm is working correctly Jaffa? Pachyderm should be ranked much more in the Southern Hemisphere....smells fishy imho!
Algorithm? I think Manchester City are looking to sign him in January, aren't they? :confused:

Pachyderm FC have had a good run in the head-to-head fixtures, hence their slightly lofty current position in that table. But let's take a look at the main League table...

14-CupTable1213.png

Which leads us on neatly to November's MacRumors Manager of the Month Award – and the gong goes to none other than Tilpots, whose Stoplights racked up an unmatched 276 points for the month.

The-Stoplights_Home1213.png

So well done to both Tilpots and our current League leader Silencio. :)

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Algorithm? I think Manchester City are looking to sign him in January, aren't they? :confused:

Pachyderm FC have had a good run in the head-to-head fixtures, hence their slightly lofty current position in that table. But let's take a look at the main League table...
...So well done to both Tilpots and our current League leader Silencio.

Yes, well done indeed. And that wasn't really a thought provoking post by me either. Good run Pachyderm FC!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Bah, I am a silly Jaffa. I reposted the Cup table rather than the League one in my last post – here's the table I meant to put up...

League-Table1213_GW_15.png

Thanks Jaffa! Sweet kit, as per usual. Glad Umbro still produces these and not those Swoosh fellas. :)
Nike have been snaffling up Umbro contracts all over the place in the last six months or so, and they've been sniffing around the Cores hoping to get a slice of our lucrative replica trade. We're keeping them firmly at arm's length, rest assured.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Ok, Tilpots, that serves pretty well as a very good example of how to play Fantasy League.

Because, on the other hand, you could, just a generic example, bring in Mata for Hazard this morning, nice pretty morning with a good coffee in your hand and future shining bright in the clear blue sky, just to learn in return about Chelsea fixtures.

Dammit!

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Never a rhyme or reason. As frustrating as it is, it's also part of the fun. When that gut feeling comes thru you feel like you know what you're talking about. Wish that happened more often!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Never a rhyme or reason. As frustrating as it is, it's also part of the fun. When that gut feeling comes thru you feel like you know what you're talking about. Wish that happened more often!

Haha, you mean like this?

Sorry Jaffa, wrong thread, but I couldn't resist. And thx Tilpot for that next lesson for life. Second time already! And no I'm not serious, most of the time actually - that seems to get lost in translation. :eek:

Cheers - this game is lots o' fun!

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings

My gut was fine until Friday, Michu down as captain, then I ate something that didn't agree and I began to over-analyse; Michu tends to only get one and Berba is due a goal fest - also at home to a dodgy Newcastle United, welcome captain Berbatov. :eek::( Too much time in midfield because Ruiz is out - a joy to watch, but frustrating re Fantasy Land.

Bonus points:

Odd Yaya scores one, dives, is booked, doesn't finish the match, loses 2-3, and gets a bonus, whilst Michu gets zip for scoring two, not being booked, finishing the game, and also losing by one goal. Pablo Hernandez suffered a similar fate against WBA; played well and set up two, but no bonus. Time for a change to a 'Mark Your Own' system. :)

Cheers, and come on Sess! :D,
OW

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I'm going to check who makes Michu Cappo next GW as well. As a fraidy-cat (lol) I won't.

At least Suarez is back in the mix - I predict some good stuff! :D

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
However, not a bad week at all.

I agree, presenting Tilpots the red arrow is always a good sign. Now, going against the Tall Saints is a completely different story. Especially with my poor (early) transfer decisions. Could make the win epic, though. ;)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Here then are the Cup results from the last Gameweek...

Fizzy's Flyers 59 - 70 Sporting Dual-Cores
Hardly Athletic 52 - 36 Thigh High Socks
Pinstripe City 50 - 63 Mancunian Mopheads
Brainerd FC 56 - 48 LITH United
T!llionaire Toyshire 56 - 33 Argy-Bargy
Pachyderm FC 43 - 59 Tall Saints
Neutron Heath 59 - 52 The Stoplights
Omaha Latics 54 - 34 Elisbury Hill
Woodingtonhampshire 25 - 65 Horizon Heights

And here's how that all affects the table...

15_CupTable1213.png

The next round of fixtures meanwhile...

Sporting Dual-Cores v Woodingtonhampshire
Horizon Heights v Omaha Latics
Elisbury Hill v Neutron Heath
The Stoplights v Pachyderm FC
Tall Saints v T!llionaire Toyshire
Argy-Bargy v Brainerd FC
LITH United v Pinstripe City
Mancunian Mopheads v Hardly Athletic
Thigh High Socks v Fizzy's Flyers​

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
aww,shucks! Now only massive bonus-love for RVP and non for Rooney can save me a precious draw again The Tall Saints. Here's hoping, not really though....

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Cazorla saved my butt! What a game he played. It was on ESPN's Watch Now App so I got to see most of it. It's only the second time I've watched hlm play. That offense runs thru him and he guides it well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.