Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sha4000

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2012
Hear hear, the same for me. Got a mini one week ago and man, unbelievable. I was very sceptical at first, to small ect. But it's just right. Gave the full size iPad to the girlfriend. She got no problem with the size, being of the handbag species. I did buy a Google nexus7 before and that can only be described as toy, now collecting dust (nobody wants it, even for free) but the mini seems to hit the spot. If only the phone function would work, VoIP is not always the best solution, it could be the best ever until now.

Ok so post that nexus 7 on Craigslist and see how fast your inbox gets filled up.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
If Steve had said we are in the post keyboard era everyone would be agreeing with him. :D

Last edited:

LEgregius

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2003
Virginia
Time vs content

I could see him spending 80% of his time viewing emails and documents and thinking, but 20% producing content. He makes decisions and tasks people with getting him information to make decisions. I'm sure he also spends quite a lot of time on the phone. But the 20% of time he spends actually writing documents, writing lengthy responses, etc, I'm sure results in more than 20% of the content, maybe more than 50%.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
I did buy a Google nexus7 before and that can only be described as toy, now collecting dust (nobody wants it, even for free)

I want it, if nobody wants it even for free I will pay you 50 euros and I pick it up in Barcelona.

Well, in the event that you really have a Nexus or the event that you have touched even one.

Chlloret

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Barcelona, Spain
Ok so post that nexus 7 on Craigslist and see how fast your inbox gets filled up.

We do not have craigslist here, but I could put it on ebay, however, if you look at the results of already sold Nexus7 (its a 8GB version) you do not even get 100 Euros for it, atm you get them on numerous promotions with TVs, computers or on mobile phone contracts as extra for free. There just is not the "run" on them some forums make believe. Google even put out TV ads here in Spain and in the UK, droping the price, but while everyone waits for the non existing 10" nexus, the seven is just that bit too tiny. And the screen is pretty dark, compared to the mini. Main problem tho is, that despite a higher resolution there is less data on the screen, on the web as well as on the (phone blown up) apps. The whole thing just is not giving you the "experience" of the mini. You think you got an oversized Android phone, not a tablet. Its no fun.
Of course, my personal view and one should not forget, its very,VERY cheap. Unfortunately in every way.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
atm you get them on numerous promotions with TVs, computers or on mobile phone contracts as extra for free

Show just one promotion where a Google Nexus 7 is given away.

Google even put out TV ads here in Spain and in the UK, droping the price, but while everyone waits for the non existing 10" nexus,

Google has not put any single ad in Spain, stop lying, please.

Chlloret

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Barcelona, Spain
I want it, if nobody wants it even for free I will pay you 50 euros and I pick it up in Barcelona.

Well, in the event that you really have a Nexus or the event that you have touched even one.

Ha, if your location is correct, I'm even closer, in Lloret de Mar, just up the road from you. I do have it, I paid 129 Euros for it, 8GB, got it with a yoigo phone for that price. Right now its used for angry birds and MahJongg by the kids, the screen however is coming off on one corner and we did not get the camera to work on skype. I will bring it back in the hope to get a working one or maybe the 16GB Model, I'm happy to tell you how it went and if I sell it then.

tpr007

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2007
Hong Kong
The virtual keyboard on the iPad is decent, but I feel a lot more productive when working on a physical keyboard. There is no way I can type an 1000 word essay on an iPad :D
By the way, I hated the auto-correcting feature on my iPhone and iPad.

1000 words is hardly an 'essay'. ;)

Chlloret

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Barcelona, Spain
Show just one promotion where a Google Nexus 7 is given away.

Google has not put any single ad in Spain, stop lying, please.

Promotion close to you in the carrefour Mataro buy a Samsunf 3D TV 40" or more you get the Google Nexus7 or the Samsung Galaxy Tab for free.
Same town but up on the freeway in Mataro Park shopping center Auchan Hypermarket got the same. Downstairs in the Madiamarkt (where I got my mini) you get only the Samsung.

Yoigo sells it at a discount, I got mine there, but they want to bring in the 3G model, same as vodafone. Just ask.

You will not be happy with it.

The last ad I seen was tonight on FOX, advertizing "from 189 Euros", same ad that runs on British TV (ITV,Ch4) except that it is there "from 159 pounds"

----------

Yoigo doesn't sell Nexus 7. You don't have a Google Nexus 7

Whatever you say. But I look at mine.

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
"I've given up physical keyboards...use iPad 80% of the time".

He should say that to his executive assistant.

Except that he didn't say that to anyone. That "I've given up physical keyboards" quote is a fiction that MR dreamed up to get page views.

Spoiler: It worked.

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
Except that he didn't say that to anyone. That "I've given up physical keyboards" quote is a fiction that MR dreamed up to get page views.

Spoiler: It worked.

Thanks for the insight. It's all about page views and advertisements.

KanosWRX

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Absolutely sounds like my Grandpa who swears "young employees" in his business just can't think clearly cause they don't use pencils when writing proposals for him. Of course, he was raised with a pencil (or two) always in his hand and in his pencil box (which actually is pretty cool.)

There is a difference though, writing and typing are both faster then typing on a screen I feel, definitely typing on a keyboard is.. anyways. Its not a matter of using new technology, its a matter of using better technology. Ever heard the phrase word smarter not harder. Why would you type on something slower taking more time costing more money then typing on something that's faster and more accurate saving time and money. Come up with something that's better then a keyboard and used in businesses and ill be there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.