Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
looks good i buy the black version i want the black ops two

Since you already have a case, just wait for the real backplate to come on sale.

I got those pictures too. If I was buying a replica I'd definitely go for that one as it comes with more accessories for around the same price, but in my opinion the fake backplate looks pretty bad. I've seen pictures of their backplate for the 4, and they really aren't making much of an effort at replicating the machined G10.

Crushar

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
Since you already have a case, just wait for the real backplate to come on sale.

I got those pictures too. If I was buying a replica I'd definitely go for that one as it comes with more accessories for around the same price, but in my opinion the fake backplate looks pretty bad. I've seen pictures of their backplate for the 4, and they really aren't making much of an effort at replicating the machined G10.

That's true. The backplate isn't very nice, but it's always nice to have it as an extra. You get what you pay for. I'm sure those things will be perfected in a couple of weeks ;).

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
That's true. The backplate isn't very nice, but it's always nice to have it as an extra. You get what you pay for. I'm sure those things will be perfected in a couple of weeks ;).

Doubtful. Once they get it good enough for the price point, it'll stay that way. Look at the previous generation of fake Black Ops elite cases. They faked the backplate with cast rubber. It's good enough to fool people buying the case based on pictures on eBay, and to satisfy the kids at the flea market, and that's all they need.

merc73

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
Just got some pictures of their Sector 5-case. And I must say: it looks pretty legit.
EDIT: I got these pictures from the seller.

The normal sector 5-case: (Their cases seem to have black corners, yay! :p)

Black ops II sector 5-case accessories:

The case doesn't looks like black ops to me, it's silver.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Quality of the fakes doesn't come close to the real ones, they aren't anodized their painted but this gives the finish a smoother to the touch feel but comes off on your fingers, honestly if you're OCD this wont come close to your expectations but of you want a case for more reasonable price and don't mind some flaws it's ok

teameurox

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010

Did the seller you purchased from also sell the black ops 2 accesory kit? I see that your ordered the standard sector 5 but also took pictures of the accessory kit

Crushar

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
Did the seller you purchased from also sell the black ops 2 accesory kit? I see that your ordered the standard sector 5 but also took pictures of the accessory kit

Not that I know of. Those are just the pictures she sent to me :). I'll post more information as soon as I get the case.

sly5349

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
Hi, came on here as not many people seem to have seen the fake cases in real life. I got one delivered the other day from aliexpress to UK (free delivery via dhl) sector 5 case was shipped early wednesday morning and received it friday midday.

They are quite good, got the case screen protector clear and black plastic parts that hold the case together and a carbon fibre rear protector but that is a bit dodgy as it was seriously sticky and seemed to screw up my wifi at home.

The case seems painted (black case) not anodized and there seems to be a tiny amount of wobble as in the phone moves back and forward in the case but only slightly (maybe the grooves for the phone are slightly wider maybe .5mm? anyway bit of cushioning seems to have fixed that but for the price quite good. The pictures they have seem to misleading but then again maybe all these sellers are just stealing them from all over and not of actual stock.

will add some pictures shortly as just sending them from wifes phone to me to upload.

sly5349

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

as promised. if you want anything else let me know.

zentrani

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
View attachment 382525

View attachment 382526

as promised. if you want anything else let me know.

Looks like crap to me.... :(

Let me just say, the links are supposed to be darker than clear. Thats quite obvious, also the machining is just not the same quality. I think they are missing a lot of champfers that makes the original much more aesthetically pleasing.

Also, if they were going to make an attempt at typing the letters, they could have used the same font/italics. But gosh, I wish they would have just left all the typing out. Just my opinion. I want to buy the legit one, I have the money but I want to save my money for more important things. Was thinking of going the fake but looks like I won't be.

Last edited:

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
It fits perfect. So far the only headphones I can use are the apple ones, however. I like it. Its definitely better (for me) than paying an insane amount of money for a case.

Also, for the record, so far the paint on mine is holding up great. There are no chips in the paint anywhere on mine (the flash from the camera is what caused the edges to look pretty bad)

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
It fits perfect. So far the only headphones I can use are the apple ones, however. I like it. Its definitely better (for me) than paying an insane amount of money for a case.

Also, for the record, so far the paint on mine is holding up great. There are no chips in the paint anywhere on mine (the flash from the camera is what caused the edges to look pretty bad)

awesome thanks for the follow up

These look pretty good. for a quarter of the price hard to see any drastic issues with this case.

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
Now this, looks awesome. I'm considering getting this.

I searched this thread and I couldn't find it, could you link me to casewill website that you ordered from? Thanks.

This is the one I got

Keep in mind they're based in China so it'll take a while to receive

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
Thanks Prospekt, looks great, mine should be her soon (from caseswill). The number of Element shills on this thread, SMH :p

sly5349

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
Looks like crap to me.... :(

Let me just say, the links are supposed to be darker than clear. Thats quite obvious, also the machining is just not the same quality. I think they are missing a lot of champfers that makes the original much more aesthetically pleasing.

Also, if they were going to make an attempt at typing the letters, they could have used the same font/italics. But gosh, I wish they would have just left all the typing out. Just my opinion. I want to buy the legit one, I have the money but I want to save my money for more important things. Was thinking of going the fake but looks like I won't be.

HI, sorry the photos are a bit rough took them quickly last night to put them on here. It also comes with black links but screws seemed tight so didn't want to risk ruining anything so left the clears ones in there.

Like the chap above I would have liked to got one from caseswill but at the time they never had any so took a chance with this one. For $37 dollars it is good case in its own right but comparing it to a real one it will always look cheap!

But please if anyone gets one and it comes with a carbon fibre back plate be warned it is so sticky I was scared to death peeling it back off and it messed up my wifi badly.

sly5349

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
DSC_0224.JPG

sorry about the bad picture my lens does not like close up shots and yellow and black seem to cause it havoc :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.