Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
They have some really cool products. I don't find them cheap though. But I may order something anyway.

Thanks

It was actually sbojevets that mentioned the name, but you're welcome :)

Also, I just tried the coupon code that MacRetina posted,:

CYBER-MONDAY-KCLDJ

Still works! I see the $5 discount in my cart ... side note: this company has the most ridiculously cute cart system ever (add an item, watch carefully :D )

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
It was actually sbojevets that mentioned the name, but you're welcome :)

Also, I just tried the coupon code that MacRetina posted,:

CYBER-MONDAY-KCLDJ

Still works! I see the $5 discount in my cart ... side note: this company has the most ridiculously cute cart system ever (add an item, watch carefully :D )

I noticed that at $50 they offer free shipping. Their 3-piece lens kit is $49, just need to add $1 more to save the $6 on shipping. Did you happen to find any filler items?

Sales tax too for CA :(

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Looking at the example images on their site it appears they hardly do anything. The macro isn't much better than the standard camera can do. The wide-angle you're hard pressed to tell is even wide-angle. The fishbowl is just barely fish-bowled. You could do most all of this with a free app and not have to carry anything around with you.

You have to try one. I find all 3 lenses definitely add to my photographs. Especially the wide. It easily grabs more than the regular lens. Macro does what it should as well. I don't use the fisheye as much, but it works as described.

Cheers,
Keebler

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
Will this thing work with a case on your phone? Doesn’t everyone use a case?

It won't work with a case on.

No, not everyone does. Most of my friend's don't. We treat it like the $300 device it is and have no problems. I haven't had a case on my phones since 1999 and have had hundreds of phones with no issues. Never had a case on any of my iPhones since the original. Apple worked hard to create a nice looking phone. Why cover it up with an ugly case.

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
It won't work with a case on.

No, not everyone does. Most of my friend's don't. We treat it like the $300 device it is and have no problems. I haven't had a case on my phones since 1999 and have had hundreds of phones with no issues. Never had a case on any of my iPhones since the original. Apple worked hard to create a nice looking phone. Why cover it up with an ugly case.

I know what you mean about covering it up. And cases add a lot of weight to it. But no matter how hard you try to be careful **** always happens. I can't even count how many times my phone slipped out of my hand or I forgot it was on my lap and stood up. I have hardwood and ceramic floors and they are brutal. I don't recall ever seeing anyone without a case on their phone. And I take the bus for 30-40 min each way and see a lot of people playing on their phones.

I would love to go without a case but I need to keep it on my belt. Anyone who keeps them in their pocket is just asking for it to bend or scratch from other things in their pockets.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
I know what you mean about covering it up. And cases add a lot of weight to it. But no matter how hard you try to be careful **** always happens. I can't even count how many times my phone slipped out of my hand or I forgot it was on my lap and stood up. I have hardwood and ceramic floors and they are brutal. I don't recall ever seeing anyone without a case on their phone. And I take the bus for 30-40 min each way and see a lot of people playing on their phones.

I would love to go without a case but I need to keep it on my belt. Anyone who keeps them in their pocket is just asking for it to bend or scratch from other things in their pockets.

I guess some of us are just more careful than others. My iPhone 4 is in brand new shape after 2 years of use (reminds me I should sell it since its just sitting now).

For many, they also realize that by the time the phone does get a bit banged up, they're buying a new one and moving on anyways so it doesn't matter.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
So my in-laws bought me a telephoto lens for my birthday. I haven't had any time to go anywhere and snap any good shots but I took this one of my cats.

The quality isn't that bad but I would love to see this market explode so we could get some nice lenses with some quality glass.

It's edited in CS6.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-12...899957?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item257886f335

What I like about it is that it has a case that allows the lens to be screwed on. I'm trying to find some other lenses that will work with it also.

Attachments

• IMG_5433-1.jpg
    IMG_5433-1.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 57

rtdunham

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2003
St. Petersburg, FL, Northern KY

So is it a zoom, or is it a fixed focus 12x telephoto?

The ad calls it a "zoom magnifier" but the specs describe it simply as "magnification 12x" and I didn't see anything else referring to any zoom capacity. if it's a zoom it'd be a handy cheap tool to keep around.

And since you've got one, if it IS a zoom, does it start at the same focal length as the camera-without-a-lens? And is the zoom function push-pull, or rotate?

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
So is it a zoom, or is it a fixed focus 12x telephoto?

The ad calls it a "zoom magnifier" but the specs describe it simply as "magnification 12x" and I didn't see anything else referring to any zoom capacity. if it's a zoom it'd be a handy cheap tool to keep around.

And since you've got one, if it IS a zoom, does it start at the same focal length as the camera-without-a-lens? And is the zoom function push-pull, or rotate?

Just a fixed 12x. The part with the rubber on it rotates to bring you into focus. It's a nice piece for the price but I too am still on the lookout for a actual zoom lens. If I find one I'll post it here.

rtdunham

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2003
St. Petersburg, FL, Northern KY
Just a fixed 12x. The part with the rubber on it rotates to bring you into focus. It's a nice piece for the price but I too am still on the lookout for a actual zoom lens. If I find one I'll post it here.

Thanks. I'd bought an 8x (which works ok, btw) so I'll pass on this. But boy, talk about mis-naming a product!

I'm 1000 miles from home and don't have that 8x with me, but if i'm not mistaken, the olloclip lenses match the threads on the case mounting, which makes for some convenience. Now, if someone would bring out a circular polarizer that would fit...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.