Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2005
Manchester, UK
A family friend who has owned Apple computers for years (he is a professor of computer science) get me a big box of cables and old bits and pieces (mainly Apple / gadget related). One of the things that turned up was this Apple branded laptop briefcase. When I say Apple branded, it has the logo on it but there is no other information or text anywhere on it apart from a small R next to the logo. It won't fit my 15" Macbook Pro but would certainly fit the earlier iBooks, 12" Powerbook or newer 13" Macbooks. I had a quick look online and couldn't find anything like it on Google or eBay.

apple_case_1.jpg

apple_case_2.jpg

Anyone ever seen one of these cases before?

localoid

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2007
America's Third World
Did you find any launch codes inside?

During the height of the Cold War between Microsoft and Apple, Steve Jobs was reportedly accompanied at all times by a aide carrying what was known as a "football", a specially outfitted Apple-branded briefcase that contained launch codes for Apple's arsenal of nuclear weapons, along with the "playbook" and misc. communications devices.

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
you could try getting in touch with mike evangelist (google writers block live). He worked there as an executive, and would likely be able to verify if similar things were seen on Apple campus.

colinloh

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2009

This briefcase came bundled with the "Pismo", Powerbook G3 400 in Singapore. I used to hang around Apple retail shops and managed to coerce one retailer into selling me one without having to buy the Pismo. Here are some more photos:

DSCF3365.jpg

DSCF3366.jpg

DSCF3367.jpg

Here are pictures of the Apple tote bag that did come with the Mac Powerbook 1400 "Epic":

DSCF3369.jpg

DSCF3370.jpg

Sorry, these are not for sale. Just part of the cherished items in my Apple collection.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I used to have an Apple branded leather case to lug the Apple IIe I used at school home for the weekend. It got lost somewhere in the divorce...

Mars478

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008
NYC, NY
I saw one in the street in NY, and I almost attacked the guy for it, thinking that it had a prototype in it :) Hahahahh!

IAppleDev

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2012
Just picked one up for 8.00$ CAD. Just the case and a removable cover/page in the middle of the inside and it has two pockets for some DVD's/iPad mini and cables:)

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
A family friend who has owned Apple computers for years (he is a professor of computer science) get me a big box of cables and old bits and pieces (mainly Apple / gadget related). One of the things that turned up was this Apple branded laptop briefcase. When I say Apple branded, it has the logo on it but there is no other information or text anywhere on it apart from a small R next to the logo. It won't fit my 15" Macbook Pro but would certainly fit the earlier iBooks, 12" Powerbook or newer 13" Macbooks. I had a quick look online and couldn't find anything like it on Google or eBay.

I have something like that for my PowerBook 5300ce

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
50$

Look, I want this damn thing and I will pay, name your price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.