Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
And still keep my unlimited data plan and have nothing change. The phone I will be using is below

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,337

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
You know what guys I don't think it's going to work.

I spent 3 hours putting contacts and everything into it

Popped in my sim. No netowrk found.

I'm actually pretty sad right now :( :( :(

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
what model nokia is it and what carrier SIM are you putting into it?

if it was an old tmobile nokia, and youre using an at&t sim, chance are it might not work. most older tmobile GSM phones for use in the US were dual band (900/1900) whereas the older nokias were tri band (850/900/1800). if this is true, your t-mo nokia may not be able to pick up your at&t 850.

if you have tmobile, which uses 1900, then the old nokia which may be at&t branded, may not have the 1900 needed to access the tmobile network.

EDIT: after looking into it, its a Nokia 1200. there are two versions. the US version with 850/1900, which would work with an at&t or tmobile SIM or a european one with 900/1800. so it sounds like youre using a euro model, which is incompatible with US cellular frequencies. this makes it a paperweight in the US and wont work here.

Last edited:

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
what model nokia is it and what carrier SIM are you putting into it?

if it was an old tmobile nokia, and youre using an at&t sim, chance are it might not work. most older tmobile GSM phones for use in the US were dual band (900/1900) whereas the older nokias were tri band (850/900/1800). if this is true, your t-mo nokia may not be able to pick up your at&t 850.

if you have tmobile, which uses 1900, then the old nokia which may be at&t branded, may not have the 1900 needed to access the tmobile network.

EDIT: after looking into it, its a Nokia 1200. there are two versions. the US version with 850/1900, which would work with an at&t or tmobile SIM or a european one with 900/1800. so it sounds like youre using a euro model, which is incompatible with US cellular frequencies. this makes it a paperweight in the US and wont work here.

Thank you SO SO much. This solves the mystery! I'm so glad I'm not doing anything wrong.

Is there anyway to confirm though which bad it is?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Thank you SO SO much. This solves the mystery! I'm so glad I'm not doing anything wrong.

Is there anyway to confirm though which bad it is?

yes, like i said, where did you get the phone? is it carrier branded? buy it in the US? you wont say where you live so we have no idea how to tell you whats what until you confirm where you are, what carrier you have and where you got the phone. as far as i know, the Nokia 1200 was never offered by any US carrier, so chances are most examples you will see are a euro model with non-US frequencies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.