Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

USB123

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
Ireland
Hi all, I will be getting a Mac mini soon (a month or so) and there is a premium Apple Reseller near me. They are selling end-of-line mac Mini's (last generation, but brand new in box) at a reduced price.

There is a €599 2.3GHz here: http://store.compub.com/collections/eol/products/mc815b-a
With the well-known problems of the screen-flicker/blackouts, would it be a good idea to get that last-gen mini or get the late 2012 mini for €60 extra, or even a refurb mini from 2011 (which are like hen's teeth on the Apple store)?

Also, what is the max. RAM you can use in the last gen mini?

Any help is much appreciated

Nov 28, 2010
located
16 GB is the maximum RAM via two modules of 8 GB 204-pin DDR3 SO-DIMM RAM.

As for that specific mini, I would be getting a 2011 Mac mini only with the AMD GPU or if it would be the quad core model, but then again, my needs might differ from yours.

USB123

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
Ireland
16 GB is the maximum RAM via two modules of 8 GB 204-pin DDR3 SO-DIMM RAM.

As for that specific mini, I would be getting a 2011 Mac mini only with the AMD GPU or if it would be the quad core model, but then again, my needs might differ from yours.

So the mini in my link doesn't have the AMD GPU?

USB123

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
Ireland
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll wait on the Apple online for refurbs but the mini's are few and far between.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.