Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Has anybody in the UK been able to have their delivery dates brought forward and got a freebie too?

I'm ringing them later today to see if I can get anything moved forward. So long as its here for Christmas I'm more than happy though. Estimated arrival is 21st of December to 2nd of jan

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Why are people getting free items \? why would apple just give away stuff for no reason ?

what are you saying when calling up ? Where is my free stuff haha

List of free items I got:
USB SuperDrive $80
Trackpad $70
Numerical keypad add on $50

That's $200 in freebies apple gave me

CrossoverDoc

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
I'm interested in what you guys are saying to get orders pushed up and how the hell you're getting all this free stuff??

I ordered my BTO 27" iMac on the 30th. Base 27" with 1TB Fusion. Dec 28 - Jan 4 with 2-3 day shipping. I wasn't able to get any free stuff or even get the shipping changed to next day. The girl I talked to said it wasn't even possible to do that.

Airnova

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012
Charlottetown, PEI Canada
I'm interested in what you guys are saying to get orders pushed up and how the hell you're getting all this free stuff??

Hi from Canada, first time here. So excited about the new 27" iMac. BTO on November 30th available to ship 3-4 weeks with delivery Jan 3rd - 8th. Just finished talking to customer support a few minutes ago and asked if there was anything they could do to move up my shipping date. The lady said out of good will, apple will expedite shipping. I thanked her and instantly it reflected the updated shipping schedule on my order

Now it reads: Available to ship: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers 31 Dec - 4 Jan via Expedited Shipping

Thank you Apple & to one and all, have a very Merry Christmas!

Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
PAGES PREINSTALLED
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, I got all of that + Apple TV + mini-iPad.. :rolleyes:

roll your eyes in jealousy all you want, I talked to the right people and I had some issues with shipping AND it was on my business account (even though it was for my home, they didn't know) so they treated me very nicely

so keep being salty, I already received all the freebies last week

PavelT

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
omg guys. i called an they gave me a siri enabled ferrari!! the lady was so generous she even threw in a parking meter exempt license plate!! true story.

fossen

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Just ordered a 27" yesterday, BTO. Found lots of info searching in the forum which helped make the config decisions for me. :)

2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

So .. I just have "Available to ship: January" on my order status. Just wondering if others in the same boat have seen that date resolve into something more specific yet. I assume at some point, I'll get a delivery window?

Mister Bumbo

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
This is really weird. As soon as I ordered the money were "reserved" in that account, although it still showed as no money had been charged yet. Then it moved to still reserved but looked as it had been charged - i.e. the amount reserved was also missing (although pending). And now... it's not even reserved anymore and it looks like the day before I ordered. Don't know what to make of all this, anyone else encountered anything similar?

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
This is really weird. As soon as I ordered the money were "reserved" in that account, although it still showed as no money had been charged yet. Then it moved to still reserved but looked as it had been charged - i.e. the amount reserved was also missing (although pending). And now... it's not even reserved anymore and it looks like the day before I ordered. Don't know what to make of all this, anyone else encountered anything similar?

Same thing here.

DarrenUK

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
Southampton, UK

Same for me.

FreemanW

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2012
The Real Northern California
omg guys. i called an they gave me a siri enabled ferrari!! the lady was so generous she even threw in a parking meter exempt license plate!! true story.

HA!

I've got you beat.

Steve Jobs new Yatch, Venus?

Yep.

I called and complained about my new iMac, how I haven't even seen it yet, and how the integrated GPU on the Ivybridge chip won't help the NVidia GPU . . . and well, they put me on hold for thirty seconds . . . when they came back on the line, BOOYA, they gave me Venus! :cool:

Mac32

Suspended
Nov 20, 2010

This is the normal procedure.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012

corny, but someone as corny as you wouldn't know how to get freebies from apple

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
So for the people with delivery dates of 21-28 they'd probably be preparing for shipment soon right?

Notohyr

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
The Netherlands
i called and complained about my new imac, how i haven't even seen it yet, and how the integrated gpu on the ivybridge chip won't help the nvidia gpu . . . And well, they put me on hold for thirty seconds . . . When they came back on the line, booya, they gave me venus!

:d Now we're talking!!

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
So for the people with delivery dates of 21-28 they'd probably be preparing for shipment soon right?

I hope so, would be great to see "Preparing for Shipment" next week already.

----------

HA!

I've got you beat.

Steve Jobs new Yatch, Venus?

Yep.

I called and complained about my new iMac, how I haven't even seen it yet, and how the integrated GPU on the Ivybridge chip won't help the NVidia GPU . . . and well, they put me on hold for thirty seconds . . . when they came back on the line, BOOYA, they gave me Venus! :cool:

You forgot to tell the part where they heard you say "Booya" and hung up on you ; )

FreemanW

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2012
The Real Northern California

It wouldn't surprise me.

I ordered early on 11/30, and for the next two days, a $1 PENDING/Processing charge from Apple (along with a full charge for AppleCare) appeared in my online charge card page. By Monday or Tuesday, the $1 had dropped off/gone away.

A full amount for my iMac re-appeared (Posted 12/7) and according to the CSR at charge card, it would appear the vendor (Apple) is preparing to charge for purchase; and we all know what that means. :D

GMCloud27

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2010
It wouldn't surprise me.

I ordered early on 11/30, and for the next two days, a $1 PENDING/Processing charge from Apple (along with a full charge for AppleCare) appeared in my online charge card page. By Monday or Tuesday, the $1 had dropped off/gone away.

A full amount for my iMac re-appeared (Posted 12/7) and according to the CSR at charge card, it would appear the vendor (Apple) is preparing to charge for purchase; and we all know what that means. :D

Great catch! I just checked my CC as I purchased a few hours after preorders opened and my credit hold for my 27" BTO went from hold to pending post for Monday :)! Guess that's a good sign for things to come...

Meliman

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
Hi All - first post. I just checked the status of my BTO 27" and it has now changed to "preparing for shipment". When I checked this morning it was still "processing". I ordered 11/30 ~ 1210 am, live in Los Angeles. Fingers crossed that it'll be on it's way soon. Still says "delivers Dec 21-28" which is what it's said all along.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.