Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfauburn7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2012
Hey I have an iPhone 4 and lets just say it isn't gunna make it to much longer. Before I get a new one though I was wondering if there was a way to download a text file or something with all my pasted texts. Is there a way to do this? Everything I have found is trying to recover lost or deleted texts. I still have them and I can click load messages till a while ago (I know this takes up memory). Thank so much for you ever can help. Anything is appreciated.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
When you get a new iphone you can plug it to your itunes and restore from backup.
That will put all the texts and everything else that was on your old iphone to your new one.
Just make sure you sync your old iphone right now or asap before it dies if you dont have any backups of it on your itunes library.

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
Hey I have an iPhone 4 and lets just say it isn't gunna make it to much longer. Before I get a new one though I was wondering if there was a way to download a text file or something with all my pasted texts. Is there a way to do this? Everything I have found is trying to recover lost or deleted texts. I still have them and I can click load messages till a while ago (I know this takes up memory). Thank so much for you ever can help. Anything is appreciated.

Try a product called 'PhoneView' if you have a Mac. It allows you to download all your texts to your computer and save them as regular files.
I also know there are similar products available for PC's, but can't tell you which are best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.