Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonnyAlpha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Just plugged my iPad2 into my Macbook Pro to charge it up and was told that an IOS software update was available so I selected to download it. Before it started I was prompted to backup some new Apps on the iPad to iTunes. Once it finished it started to restore my Mac to Factory Settings!!!! Agghhh!!!

After it finished I noticed that it had not removed some notes I had written the day before but all of my music had been removed.

Is this normal after an IOS update?

Ta

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
Just plugged my iPad2 into my Macbook Pro to charge it up and was told that an IOS software update was available so I selected to download it. Before it started I was prompted to backup some new Apps on the iPad to iTunes. Once it finished it started to restore my Mac to Factory Settings!!!! Agghhh!!!

After it finished I noticed that it had not removed some notes I had written the day before but all of my music had been removed.

Ta

It restored your Mac to factory settings or your ipad?

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009

Ta

1. I assume that your iPad 2 was restored to "factory settings" instead of your Mac.
2. You should've used the software update feature ON your iPad 2 (if it's on iOS 5 or later) instead of iTunes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.