Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
There really is no pattern to it. Some people ordered the same machine as I did, hours later, and theirs is preparing for shipment. There are also some people that ordered no BTO options and still not shipping. Some people with trackpad are preparing, some aren't. Some with mouse are preparing, some aren't.

I'm guessing that it depends on what assembly lines got which orders. If line A has faster workers, then they might get a Dec 1 order done before line B gets a midnight Nov 30th order done. I bet all of us that ordered the first day or two will see ours preparing for shipment sometime today

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I ordered a mostly maxed out 27" on launch day. - i5, 8gb ram, 680mx, 768gb ssd. Delivers Dec 21-28. No change in order, still says "Processing items".

I hope you mean i7? Why buy all the rest and stick with only 2 cores?

Ilke2gofst

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Got 680 also and still in processing, but could they be doing west coast first?

It doesn't seem that way because I am on the East Coast and I got preparing for shipment status. I ordered 8AM EST on launch day. I really am starting to think that this has something to do with whether it was assembled in US or China. That is basically the last logical explanation as to why orders placed at a later time are being filled before the same orders placed earlier. Or like the poster said above some lines may be faster than others at producing them. Will be very interesting to see when the next groups status changes.

Whatsit

Suspended
Sep 21, 2012
Columbus, OH
Ordered a BTO 27" about 10 minutes after they went on sale. Still listed as "processing" BUT we just got a call from the bank's fraud department asking us to confirm a $2200 payment to an "electronic store" that went through today, Dec. 10. I'm taking that as a good sign.

BriMercer

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2010
So it would appear that all 3TB Fusions are still "Processing?" Mine is, and I ordered earlier than anyone I've seen (0252 EST on the 30th). 3.4 i7 and 680MX upgrade as well, but pleanty of BTO's with those options seem to have moved to "preparing for shipment." My shipment date is still Dec. 20 -27, at least.

So, again, did anyone with a "preparing for shipment" status order a 3TB Fusion drive.

My thoughts exactly. Bought a 3TB Fusion moments after they went on sale. Mine is still processing. Anyone with a 3TB Fusion having any luck?

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
Ordered a BTO 27" about 10 minutes after they went on sale. Still listed as "processing" BUT we just got a call from the bank's fraud department asking us to confirm a $2200 payment to an "electronic store" that went through today, Dec. 10. I'm taking that as a good sign.

I dont want to sound negative but i was called by the credit card company 2 minutes after i purchased the iMAC, to confirm the purchase was made by me, and i still get the "processing items" 26 DEC to 2 JAN...

Should i call Apple and ask them how are the shippments going? maybe get a freebie ^_^

MiddKid

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
I don't know of anyone with a shipped status. But I bought a 27" w a 3TB Fusion, 680MX, and 3.4GHz i7, and mine is preparing for shipment.

This is my exact same config. My order confirm from Apple is stamped 12:12am PST 11/30. Still in processing :mad:

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Does anyone in the Dec 31 - Jan 7 category show their status as preparing for shipment? Mine still shows processing items.

----------

Woot, just got my tracking number :D

ETA the 18th

Congrats, what was your original delivery estimate? How did they ship it (Fedex or UPS)?

gibjer

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2003
imacshipped.jpg

BTO, 7am EST on the 30th, Via UPS, my original window was the 24th-31st

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I think you're misinformed - the i5 in the iMac is a quad core processor.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/10/core-i5-or-core-i7-does-your-computer-need-the-extra-juice/

I don't need hypertheading capabilities so I decided to keep that $200.

Oh ok I didn't know. I don't know much about processors except expensive is usually better ;) so for regular tasks there's no performance difference? Except if the software supports hyper threading... Not that I care though, I would have bought everything maxed out anyway

Rgladman

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
Central Ohio
Shipped

Ordered on 11/30 right after store went online. Shipped using UPS.

Shipped on Dec 10, 2012 |Signature required for delivery
Track Shipment Pre-Sign for Delivery
Print Invoice
Return Items
Shipment 1 of 2

27-inch iMac
Hide Configuration Details
Configuration

2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd
COUNTRY KIT

Ryan.Tanner

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
McKinney, TX
Oh ok I didn't know. I don't know much about processors except expensive is usually better ;) so for regular tasks there's no performance difference? Except if the software supports hyper threading... Not that I care though, I would have bought everything maxed out anyway

Geez sir moneybags...
+_eff081f75d2db119ee505d1fc552f5fe.jpg

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
my original window was the 24th-31st

That's great to hear that they're shipping it 2-3 weeks earlier than your original estimated delivery window (especially since you aren't in the first delivery window)! I hope that will be the case for many others.

----------

Ordered on 11/30 right after store went online. Shipped using UPS.

What was your original delivery window?

Kiole

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
Mine just shipped 2-27 inch iMacs ordered nov 30th around 12:15am eastern time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 148
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.