Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raptorstv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Coz of such a small screen on the iphone 5, it's really a pain to use. Now that I got myself an ipad mini, i noticed that i rarely ever used my iphone anymore, other than for text msging and calling... Does anybody experience the same thing?

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Coz of such a small screen on the iphone 5, it's really a pain to use. Now that I got myself an ipad mini, i noticed that i rarely ever used my iphone anymore, other than for text msging and calling... Does anybody experience the same thing?

What's really crazy is that people have used phones like that for years...

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area

First world problems. This just sucks.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Are these really the things people think about? How, because of their iPad mini they don't use their i5 as much? Really? Is it really a big deal? If so please explain because I can't understand why it matters how much you use your i5 or mini.

Megalobyte

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Florida
Kind of silly to criticize a phone though for not having a tablet-size screen. But I get your point.

Funny, starting with the 4, I found myself using my computers much less, and I now do 90% of my Internet on my ip5. I do have work related stuff I need an actual laptop for, but for browsing, email, photos, music etc. the phone does it all in the palm of my hand.

I'm ok with the 4", I wouldn't be against a bigger screen within reason. 4.3-4.5" would be nice. But I'm selfish, I have huge hands and could still use the phone 1 handed.

duneriderltr450

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Oregon

Yup same thing for me.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009

I usually use my iPhone 5 simply because it's so much faster than the Mini. I'll use the Mini when I just want to sit back and relax. When I need things done, I use the iPhone 5.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California

Kind of. Although, I still use my iPhone a great deal. I don't bring my iPad absolutely everywhere with me. Like when I'm out with friends at bars, restaurants, movies, festivals, or nights out in the city, I'll obviously leave my iPad at home. It's times like these when ill use my iPhone. But when I'm at school or on the train, or even traveling, it's most likely the iPad I'm using. Laptop and desktop is used for heavy computing tasks when I'm at home, though.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Kind of. Although, I still use my iPhone a great deal. I don't bring my iPad absolutely everywhere with me. Like when I'm out with friends at bars, restaurants, movies, festivals, or nights out in the city, I'll obviously leave my iPad at home. It's times like these when ill use my iPhone. But when I'm at school or on the train, or even traveling, it's most likely the iPad I'm using. Laptop and desktop is used for heavy computing tasks when I'm at home, though.

Sounds about right, I would do the same if I got a tablet but I would probably go with the full sized ipad instead of the mini. Everything has its place. You won't carry the mini in your pocket wherever you go unless you have those jynco pants from the 90's.

----------

That's what iPads are for. Smartphones were never and still aren't meant for hardcore web browsing. Even on phones like the S3 and note. Personally the normal ipad would be the perfect size for web browsing for me.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
This is exactly what I found after buying the iPad2 and exactly what Apple was hoping we would do (buy their larger product and stop bitching about how small the screen is on the iPhone).

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Are these really the things people think about? How, because of their iPad mini they don't use their i5 as much? Really? Is it really a big deal? If so please explain because I can't understand why it matters how much you use your i5 or mini.

I don't even know the reason why people create threads like this, telling us about the difference in their usage of devices.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008

For this reason I may forego the iPhone this time around.

What a disappointment the iPhone 5 screen is, for me as well as others.

My iPhone 4 is due to be replaced. It is in Text/Internet/Email Only because of an ongoing problem with the mic. I don't know what I will do at this point.

I actually went to check out the Samsung Galazy SIII and next to it they had a Note II.

Now that is a screen I could live with.

If only Apple would make the iPad mini a tad smaller and put a cell phone in it!

----------

You will be waiting at least 5 years, if ever.

Apple will continue to see customers move on to something a little bigger if they don't do something sooner.

I'm not the only one not liking the tiny screen!

It was OK in the beginning when everyone else was pretty much the same size, but now there are more user friendly options out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.