Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Airnova

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012
Charlottetown, PEI Canada
Anyone in Canada even lost their "Cancel" button?

I live I Canada (PEI). I ordered my BTO 27" on Nov 30th with shipping 3 - 4 weeks, delivery on Jan. 3rd - Jan. 8th.

I still have my cancel button. I called apple support yesterday to see if they could expedite my order which she did. It immediately showed the new delivery date, December 31st - January 4th.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
Shipped

Ordered within the first five minutes of the store being open.
3.4GHz i7
8GB
1TB Fusion Drive
GTX 680MX

Estimated delivery 12/13 by 10:30 via FedEx
US Midwest

Exact same specs, ordered same time, but in NC, and mine is still processing... I just keep on refreshing... hoping...

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
I live I Canada (PEI). I ordered my BTO 27" on Nov 30th with shipping 3 - 4 weeks, delivery on Jan. 3rd - Jan. 8th.

I still have my cancel button. I called apple support yesterday to see if they could expedite my order which she did. It immediately showed the new delivery date, December 31st - January 4th.

How did you get them to expedite your order? Do you just mean expedite your shipping? I was informed that they could not do anything to speed up the time it takes to make the computer, only to expedite the shipping itself.

ChuckG

macrumors member
May 27, 2007
L.A.
27.5" 3.2 i5, 768GB SSD, 675

Still processing. Ordered at midnight, the day the iMac went on sale.

Guess mine's shipping from 'mericuh. :rolleyes:

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Here's a question: did any of you guys who had orders shipped make your purchase with education pricing? The only other thing I can think of!!

I ordered mine with education pricing and its shipped with 18th delivery standard. Which is fine with me as they originally said it would deliver 24-31. BTO 3.4 i7
fusion

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
They may build them in batches of a given BTO configuration, and of course then ship accordingly. That could explain why some orders shipped, and some are still pending.

I would think "expedited" shipping would only take effect once it reaches the destination point-of-entry and is handed off to the regional carriers. All orders, expedited or not, probably ride on the same airplane shipment.

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Good question. I'm wondering the same thing. I ordered on December 1st, and have a delivery estimate of Dec 31 - Jan 7 with expedited shipping. Since it seems people who were in the Dec 24 - Dec 31 window had theirs ship 2-3 weeks before their delivery window, I'm thinking (hoping) it will be the same case for our orders.

Lets be realistic about this. It is only about a week early, actually not even that if we used the two week mark. For instance, I ordered on the 30th @3am est. and I was given the 2-3 week ship and 24-31 delivery. So with it shipping today the 10th instead of say the two week mark the 14th that is only a 4 day difference. Just trying to keep it real. You may also want to look online because I read something this morning about orders made after the 30th were being delayed with deliveries in January. Not sure how true that last part is, I just read it on a website. So if your curious I would research that a little bit. The good news is your a new iMac owner no matter what;):):apple:

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
Btw my new theory is that intead of having a list of people who ordered in total, the list is probably split up by states or regions. This would make sense, so that they can spread the units out as much as possible.

For example, say they have 100 units to ship and the first 100 people to order live in California. This would seem unfair to everyone else.... So instead, maybe only the first 2 people to order in Cali would get one, and the first 2 people in the other states would get one as well...

OK now I'm thinking about this too much! Time to go do something else to get my mind off of it :p

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Lets be realistic about this. It is only about a week early, actually not even that if we used the two week mark. For instance, I ordered on the 30th @3am est. and I was given the 2-3 week ship and 24-31 delivery. So with it shipping today the 10th instead of say the two week mark the 14th that is only a 4 day difference. Just trying to keep it real. You may also want to look online because I read something this morning about orders made after the 30th were being delayed with deliveries in January. Not sure how true that last part is, I just read it on a website. So if your curious I would research that a little bit. The good news is your a new iMac owner no matter what;):):apple:

No, it's 2-3 weeks early for shipping if you're in the Dec 24 - Dec 31 window and it ships today (Dec 10). Many people have expedited shipping, meaning it will arrive on or around Dec 13, which is still approximately 2 weeks earlier than expected.

Also, the article you're referring to indicates that people who place orders now will have a "January" delivery estimate, with no specific window. That doesn't apply to existing orders that already have delivery windows.

zemzabob

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
To bad mine didn't ship today because my ram is getting here on the 13th it would've been nice to get then both on the same day.

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Some people have standard shipping (3-5 days) and others have expedited (2-3 days)

I order a lot of stuff online and I can tell you for a fact that FEDEX is a world of difference from UPS and that is for the good. They have much quicker, accurate, and dependable delivery than UPS hands down from my experience with deliveries to Ohio and PA.

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
To bad mine didn't ship today because my ram is getting here on the 13th it would've been nice to get then both on the same day.

I already got my ram last week, and my magic mouse is coming today :(

----------

I order a lot of stuff online and I can tell you for a fact that FEDEX is a world of difference from UPS and that is for the good. They have much quicker, accurate, and dependable delivery than UPS hands down from my experience with deliveries to Ohio and PA.

Definitely right about that. Luckily, those of us who have 2-3 day shipping are probably dealing with FedEx. Unfortunately, the machines have to be put together first! :apple:

Ryan.Tanner

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
McKinney, TX
For those that have had their status change to Preparing for Shipment or Shipped:

Are you receiving an email stating the status has changed? or are you doing as I have been and looking every 30 minutes at the Order Status page on the Apple Store site?

snugja

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
Card charged

My card's been charged. BTO 27" with Flash option. Delivery still say "January" but interesting that the card has been charged.

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
ordered on 11/30:

27-inch iMac
2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Dec 21 - Dec 28 via 2-3 Business Days

Really hope it arrives for X-Mas Image

----------

actually that's normal...i remember when the Ipad2 started shipping people here were tracking flights at flight aware to see exact take off & arrival times from China -> Alaska -> etc.

It's true. I had my first experience with all of us crazies on this forum when I preordered the iPhone. I could not believe the stuff people were doing to expedite, track, anything to get that product in their hands! Unbelievable. Don't get me wrong, Im here posting, I just stop at a certain point while others continue on, lol.

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
For those that have had their status change to Preparing for Shipment or Shipped:

Are you receiving an email stating the status has changed? or are you doing as I have been and looking every 30 minutes at the Order Status page on the Apple Store site?

Mine hasn't shipped but I know we will definitely receive an email once it does (this is what happened with my Magic Mouse the other day). If you signed up for text alerts you will get that as well.

I did not receive anything when it moved to processing though... Only once it shipped.

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
I already got my ram last week, and my magic mouse is coming today :(

----------

Definitely right about that. Luckily, those of us who have 2-3 day shipping are probably dealing with FedEx. Unfortunately, the machines have to be put together first! :apple:

Lol, good point. I just realized that I had hopes for mine actually arriving before the 18th because in the past my apple products always showed up within 4 days upon shipping. And I just remembered that was with Fedex and now it is coming UPS. No wonder it is taking 8 days, ARGH! The Apple rep advised against expediting stating that there was little difference. Im not to sure about that now.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.