Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Years ago I made the mistake of getting into a business partnership with someone I did not know all that well at the time, only to come to realize that the guy is b@t***** crazy and fits the description of a sociopath perfectly.

Since than I've been trying unsuccessfully to try and weed this person out of my life. He's really not the kind of person you can just tell to just take a hike, so I've pretty much have been left to keeping contact to a minimum, only surfacing to socialize with the guy maybe once every 4-5 months.

Anyway, this person has just taken on a whole new kind of scary...The guys my age (45), and dumped his girlfriend of 15 years for some 25 year old skank...He found out the new girlfriends previous boyfriend had abused her, so hired some gangbangers to beat the guy and take pictures. New GF found out about this and freaked out so left with her son....

He is currently "pining away" for this chick, and stopped in to tell me the story, AND he showed me cell phone pictures of the guy after he was beaten....It was pretty frightening....

The guy is essentially a ticking timebomb...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You need a blog buddy. You seem to have a very unique life.
As for your buddy, I would not socialize with him at all. Why bother? Is he still in business with you? Why can't you give him the boot?

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Anyone else have someone undesirable in their life ?
Yes, and I will be stuck with this person for quite some time. My situation is completely different, but no less annoying.

He found out the new girlfriends previous boyfriend had abused her, so hired some gangbangers to beat the guy and take pictures. New GF found out about this and freaked out so left with her son....

He is currently "pining away" for this chick, and stopped in to tell me the story, AND he showed me cell phone pictures of the guy after he was beaten....It was pretty frightening....

The guy is essentially a ticking timebomb...
What your business partner did was commit a crime and confess to you about it. Was that to intimidate you or boast about it (maybe both)? At any rate this proves caution is to be taken in dealings with this guy... what are the laws about single party consent to recordings in your state?

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Turn him in. Hopefully he will be in prison and out of your life. Plus it's probably the right thing to do. I mean, you're worried about having this guy in your life but how about being a good human being and turning this pos in to the cops?

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
so hired some gangbangers to beat the guy and take pictures.

"hired" some gangbangers??

You don't hire gangbangers unless you are one yourself. I was a GED teacher for juvenile hall. It sounds like you are in a bad situation. I also worked at a place where we had a co-worker who "knew", "hired", and "associated" with bangers until it became clear they were one. Generally, you don't go out and advertise you are one.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
You're scared to show him rejection because he'll take the slight personally and have it in for you. Police are essentially useless as they deal with guys like that after the fact.

Try growing up in N Ireland where nuts like that are dime a dozen (often over-friendly nuts that latch onto you), you got to walk around on eggshells especially when alcohol is involved.

Distance, physical, is the best remedy.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Raises hand (several). However my perspective is that in the spectrum of undesirable, I am mostly shielded, and the individuals are not the worst, far from it.

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
You're scared to show him rejection because he'll take the slight personally and have it in for you. Police are essentially useless as they deal with guys like that after the fact.

Try growing up in N Ireland where nuts like that are dime a dozen (often over-friendly nuts that latch onto you), you got to walk around on eggshells especially when alcohol is involved.

Distance, physical, is the best remedy.

He is a true sociopath and is unstable.. I am afraid of what he will do or is capable of doing if I just told him to get lost and not come around..

I haven't even really divulged half of what I know about this guy...Lets just say if I had heard even a little about beforehand about what I had come to find out about him I never would let him into my life...

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
"hired" some gangbangers??

You don't hire gangbangers unless you are one yourself. I was a GED teacher for juvenile hall. It sounds like you are in a bad situation. I also worked at a place where we had a co-worker who "knew", "hired", and "associated" with bangers until it became clear they were one. Generally, you don't go out and advertise you are one.

"hired" is his terminology, not mine...I am sure I am not being given the entire story or how exactly he is associated with these people, I doubt he himself is a banger, but I have no doubts that he is involved with dangerous criminal elements...

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
"hired" is his terminology, not mine...I am sure I am not being given the entire story or how exactly he is associated with these people, I doubt he himself is a banger, but I have no doubts that he is involved with dangerous criminal elements...

What makes a banger different than let's say a cop or solider, is that they don't have an official academy or boot camp, or any piece of paper saying they belong to something. Unlike a good plot line in Hollywood, where a person is jumped and then is "suddenly" in a gang, actual gangland lifestyle is something they grow into over time. His criminal activity won't really alter a prosecutor when they see who he hangs with and all the illegal things he does. It's basically gang activity done by, whatever you want to call it, gang bangers, gangsters, lowlifes, home boyz, etc. All the students who were caught by the gang task force and were incarcerated in the gang unit were unfairly put there and all were innocent. :) Interestingly, these were pretty smart kids and when not in an environment of their gang, were quite motivated to better themselves.

It does not really go over well to claim you are a banger or wear a sign, neither to the other bangers nor to law enforcement. This is one guy you have to get away from as if he was a well known gangster. Sometimes the wanna-be gangsters are more dangerous.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.