Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ariel

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2003
What are the people who have them shipped already purchased configuration?

Mine shipped:

27-inch iMac
Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd
COUNTRY KIT

Shipping info:
Shanghai, China 12/10/2012 10:50 P.M. Departure Scan
China 12/10/2012 7:21 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
Only thing I can figure out is, maybe previous Apple customers, (Iphones, Ipads, Ipods etc). This is my first iMac, and I just bought Ipods in the past.

I'm a previous customer, in fact, I ordered an iPad3 just at the end of October. Countless other things too. No idea why some people that ordered later are getting them earlier. They can't possibly just be rolling off the line, They had to have a build up of these sitting in the warehouse. Even if supplies were limited.

gagaliya

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
it should take <5 days between shipping from shanghai to delivered in usa. That means we could potentially have in hand reviews and tear down by this weekend for the 27"! Exciting times indeed.

For those of you lucky enough to have it shipped already, please include the TIME you placed your order. I placed mine on the day it was released (11/10 around 10am est) but it's still in processing status :(

frankholdem

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2008
how does apple process orders

so it seems apple does not process the orders in the same order as they are received. My friend and I each ordered the 27 inch iMac but i ordered mine a couple hours ahead of my friend. Mine is still showing as processing while my friend's iMac has just been shipped. My friend ordered his with the 768 GB SSD whereas I chose the fusion drive, otherwise our configurations were identical.

hoping mine ships soon.

MHLF

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
Shipping order may have something to do with the education stores?

Ordered mine with expedited shipping at 12:56 AM PST Nov 30 on the edu store and still processing order...

With the following configuration:
•3.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
•1TB Fusion Drive
•NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
•Magic Trackpad
•Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
•Accessory Kit

Fynd

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Mine is still processing, I ordered 12:00AM PST (4:30 am my time.. stayed up to get it frist). Damnit. I *did* use the EDU store.

27", i7, 680MX, 1TB Fusion, defaults.

Ccondo

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
Well, it can't be shipping in order number since I ordered at 3:07 EST. It can't be store type because I bought thru "standard" store. It can't be based on amount spent because Apple has a small fortune from me alone.
So what gives...?
Bases on region? I live in Ohio.

meivk

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
Prague
Too late....:-/

I'm stupid I still decided between 21,5 and 27 look on appstore delivery was 3-4 weeks.. On Friday I got scared when i seen January:eek:... I immediately ordered 27... But.... my status is still in order processing... Now i can only waiting for next year...its sounds crazy...:(

:apple::apple:

gagaliya

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Well, it can't be shipping in order number since I ordered at 3:07 EST. It can't be store type because I bought thru "standard" store. It can't be based on amount spent because Apple has a small fortune from me alone.
So what gives...?
Bases on region? I live in Ohio.

i think it's a weighted average between the # of posts you have on macrumors and the date you joined the forum. So in your case, expect to ship sometime towards the end of 2013 :p

ronm99

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2012
For those of you wondering "why is my order not shipping yet", I advice patience. This happens every time Apple starts shipping a new product.

My experience is that the arrival of the "shipping / tracking info" email is somewhat random, but the actual ship date is not. If people ordered after you and have already received tracking info, take that as a good sign. Your iMac will probably ship within 24 hours, and will probably arrive the same time as everyone else's.

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
Only thing I can figure out is, maybe previous Apple customers, (Iphones, Ipads, Ipods etc). This is my first iMac, and I just bought Ipods in the past.

I don't think that's it. We've bought tons of Apple products, I ordered my iMac in the first 15 minutes, and it still says processing. I ordered through the business store, but I really don't think that should delay it. I'm excited for those whose machines have shipped, but I'd like to be excited for me too. :)

Bahamut Eos

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2008
Los Angeles
I ordered from expercom late in the day on the first day they were available. (11/27/12)

Custom build, still showing as Processing Items.

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
Placed my order at 12:02am pst and it still says processing.

When I placed my order, I must have somehow missed that expedited delivery was offered :(

You can call them and add it... if they want to be nice, they may even offer it as a free upgrade. At least, that's been the experience of many people here...

NorthApple

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
I don't think that's it. We've bought tons of Apple products, I ordered my iMac in the first 15 minutes, and it still says processing. I ordered through the business store, but I really don't think that should delay it. I'm excited for those whose machines have shipped, but I'd like to be excited for me too. :)

Anyone with an order that includes the 3TB Fusion drive been notified their 27 inch has shipped? I note all who list their specs have lilsted 1TB though some have said fully maxed out, whatever that means. Just curious if the 3TB fusion drive might be a delayed option for some reason. I ordered within the first 30 minutes by direct contact with an Applestore employee on the phone and education discount applied so not sure if that makes any difference. Still shows in the processing stage. Was able to get the shipping upgraded to 2nd day delivery through subsequent call and see that does show though the estimated delivery date is still showing as December 21-28.

icapricorn

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2007
I ordered from expercom late in the day on the first day they were available. (11/27/12)

Custom build, still showing as Processing Items.

Also ordered from Expercom. On Nov 28. i7/680/ 1T Fusion. Also showing up as "Processing."

I have standard shipping so I assume 5 day lag from China to Utah, another day for Expercom to swap in their much more affordable 32 gig house RAM and 4 days to get to the East Coast. Added to that I have to factor in that UPS does not deliver on weekends and that Christmas involves a half-day and a full day holiday. All together, if my iMac were to ship today or tomorrow, I would probably see it right after Christmas, on the 26 or 27.

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
Anyone with an order that includes the 3TB Fusion drive been notified their 27 inch has shipped? I note all who list their specs have lilsted 1TB though some have said fully maxed out, whatever that means. Just curious if the 3TB fusion drive might be a delayed option for some reason. I ordered within the first 30 minutes by direct contact with an Applestore employee on the phone and education discount applied so not sure if that makes any difference. Still shows in the processing stage. Was able to get the shipping upgraded to 2nd day delivery through subsequent call and see that does show though the estimated delivery date is still showing as December 21-28.

I have the 3TB non-fusion, and it has not moved past processing. The fusion is a 3TB HDD (probably the same one I ordered) plus flash storage... so it's def possible.

ronm99

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2012
Just called and got mine upgraded to expedited shipping as well for free of charge. Thank you Apple!

I ordered mine at 5am on the 30th, and it still has a status of "Processing Items", although the delivery date did get upgraded from Dec 24-31 (old) to Dec 20-27 (new).

I hope it gets here by Christmas!

hamiltonrrwatch

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2008
BTO with delivery scheduled on December 13th. A very pleasant surprise and a belated birthday (or early) Christmas gift :D

Ronin72

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
Italy
No change

I have ordered my BTO last 30/11 afternoon by edu store. No change till now. Delivery scheduled on gennuary first week

Pottsie1

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
Indianapolis
Shipped Today!

My original BTO placed 5:30AM EST on Nov 30th:

27” iMac
Available to ship 2 -3 Weeks
Delivers Dec 24 - Dec 31 Standard Shipping

3.4GHz Quad-core Inter Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
1 TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1GB GDDR5
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard

I called yesterday (Sunday Dec 9) to inquire if it were possible to get it before Christmas. The gal told me she would expedite my shipping. Wow! I didn’t get anything free, but I did get an email today saying that my iMac has shipped with a delivery date of Dec 13th! FedX confirms that it left Shanghai CN at 6:02 pm. Thanks Apple!! Can’t wait!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.