Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khadgar

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011
I'm praying really hard mine is not delivered by Fedex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUDTPbDhnA

After watching this.. :eek:

Yeah, I remember that from last year. I'm personally hoping it's not shipped FedEx because I just got off the phone with them arguing over the existence of my address on another package. They're holding my box at their facility, and I'm not allowed to pick it up. So, they're going to make another attempt to deliver a package to an address they say doesn't exist.

I have a bad feeling it's going to be shipped FedEx, though. I've only ever gotten things from Apple on FedEx.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Lol, good point. I just realized that I had hopes for mine actually arriving before the 18th because in the past my apple products always showed up within 4 days upon shipping. And I just remembered that was with Fedex and now it is coming UPS. No wonder it is taking 8 days, ARGH! The Apple rep advised against expediting stating that there was little difference. Im not to sure about that now.:confused:

That rep didn't know what they were talking about. This isn't like iPad/iPhone preorders which are "guaranteed" to arrive on release date. For those no matter what shipping you chose they arrive on release date.
These aren't preorders....2-3 shipping will arrive 2-3 days after they ship and slower than that for free shipping.

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
I'm praying really hard mine is not delivered by Fedex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUDTPbDhnA

After watching this.. :eek:

Yea, that is just wrong and Fedex would be hearing from me and replacing a monitor. Neither of the two are perfect im sure, I just have had better luck with Fedex in my area. Although, I have gotten to know the UPS driver fairly well and SHE takes good care of the product she delivers. She will even put it in the back door if she is having problems with the front. Really good service from her.

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
Yea, that is just wrong and Fedex would be hearing from me and replacing a monitor. Neither of the two are perfect im sure, I just have had better luck with Fedex in my area. Although, I have gotten to know the UPS driver fairly well and SHE takes good care of the product she delivers. She will even put it in the back door if she is having problems with the front. Really good service from her.

:apple:

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
That rep didn't know what they were talking about. This isn't like iPad/iPhone preorders which are "guaranteed" to arrive on release date. For those no matter what shipping you chose they arrive on release date.
These aren't preorders....2-3 shipping will arrive 2-3 days after they ship and slower than that for free shipping.

I didn't have the preorders from the past, other than the iPhone5 which took for ever anyway so the orders I did have from standard shipping have never taken 8 days. So I am hoping this one doesnt either.

EmmanuelJB

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
I Just called apple hoping to upgrade from Standard to Expedited shipping, and she said they are all be shipped Expedited and if she changes it my order status to Expedited it will just slow it down. :(

Ilke2gofst

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Ok so here is a breakdown of what I am seeing.

- Orders are being fulfilled in a very random order. Some members ordered HOURS before others yet still show a status of processing while others who ordered late (myself included) show shipped. This applies to orders that are the exact same BTO setup in the same country.

- It seems that we can conclude that those who chose expedited shipping will have a delivery from the time it leaves the factory of 2-3 days while those who stayed with the standard shipping seems to be 5-7. I chose standard shipping at checkout but called within twenty minutes of placing my order to have it bumped up to expedited. Apple reps were telling people that all orders were expedited however I now believe they were probably referring to expedited "processing" time. This to me would make sense since my order went from processing yesterday to shipped within 12 hours. As some of you know Newegg.com has an option when you check out to "rush processing" which is an extra $3 but basically states that once the order comes through they rush it through processing and get it shipped as fast as possible. This does not mean, however, that shipping changes. That stays the same unless you wish to upgrade for a price. So if your item ships via UPS it seems you have standard shipping where as those that ship Fedex have expedited shipping.

I haven't really seen any specifics on iMac's that have shipped but does anyone have an iMac that shipped where they called to get a free trackpad, keyboard, etc.? I am curious if all those orders that got bumped ahead of others were possibly due to this delaying them.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I Just called apple hoping to upgrade from Standard to Expedited shipping, and she said they are all be shipped Expedited and if she changes it my order status to Expedited it will just slow it down. :(

If thats the case I want my $30 back

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
For those that have had their status change to Preparing for Shipment or Shipped:

Are you receiving an email stating the status has changed? or are you doing as I have been and looking every 30 minutes at the Order Status page on the Apple Store site?

I received both an email and a text message. My UPS tracking number was in the email. Im tracking it and it left Shanghai this morning.

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
Ok so here is a breakdown of what I am seeing.

- Orders are being fulfilled in a very random order. Some members ordered HOURS before others yet still show a status of processing while others who ordered late (myself included) show shipped. This applies to orders that are the exact same BTO setup in the same country.

- It seems that we can conclude that those who chose expedited shipping will have a delivery from the time it leaves the factory of 2-3 days while those who stayed with the standard shipping seems to be 5-7. I chose standard shipping at checkout but called within twenty minutes of placing my order to have it bumped up to expedited. Apple reps were telling people that all orders were expedited however I now believe they were probably referring to expedited "processing" time. This to me would make sense since my order went from processing yesterday to shipped within 12 hours. As some of you know Newegg.com has an option when you check out to "rush processing" which is an extra $3 but basically states that once the order comes through they rush it through processing and get it shipped as fast as possible. This does not mean, however, that shipping changes. That stays the same unless you wish to upgrade for a price. So if your item ships via UPS it seems you have standard shipping where as those that ship Fedex have expedited shipping.

I haven't really seen any specifics on iMac's that have shipped but does anyone have an iMac that shipped where they called to get a free trackpad, keyboard, etc.? I am curious if all those orders that got bumped ahead of others were possibly due to this delaying them.

I placed my order on 11/30 at 12:15PST. I called and they offered me expedited shipping and a magic mouse (I bought it with a trackpad). Mine is still processing.

ronaldcastillo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2009
Ordered mines on November 30 through the Education site and it shipped out today. Expected delivery is December 13.

wayne905

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Maple, Ontario, Canada

I was told the same - that all shipments would be shipped on Expedited shipping service (not standard) and that she could change my order if I wanted to (for peace of mind) but she said her supervisor told them earlier that day that if they change any orders, it will delay the process - so I decided to leave well enough alone.

zemzabob

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
In the FedEx vs UPS war I'll take UPS every time and I have tons of stuff shipped by both companies, I have a tech website and two other business so it's safe to say I have a lot of experience with both, I normally see one if not both of them daily.

kidwei

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
I was told the same - that all shipments would be shipped on Expedited shipping service (not standard) and that she could change my order if I wanted to (for peace of mind) but she said her supervisor told them earlier that day that if they change any orders, it will delay the process - so I decided to leave well enough alone.

Seems fishy. Some folks on this thread got their shipping method bumped up and had theirs ship today. I have reason to doubt the claim that changing shipping speed will delay the order. Shipping dates always got revised forward when adding expedited shipping. Right now it just seems like a crapshoot who's getting their shipping notice out of the people who ordered early. I'm definitely seeing people who've gotten theirs shipped who theoretically are "behind" me in line. So I guess we all just need to hold our breath for another day or two.

Fenn

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
27" 3.4ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 768GB SSD, 680MX

Shipped and in the Fedex system for delivery on the 13th of December via 2-3 day.
(Currently in China.)

You can imagine my surprise when I woke up this afternoon and had an email from Apple pop up on my iPhone "One of your items has shipped." I went bonkers, I had expected this thing in 2 weeks! Wow-why is everyone raging over these... A week and a half from brand new release, to ultimate iMac heaven? I'm happy!

Now to sell my loaded 27" 2011 model >_> Maybe I can hurry and still catch the Christmas window :rolleyes:

zemzabob

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010

Same here.

JSchwartz15

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2012
Lost mine, currently "Preparing for Shipment". Ordered 6AM PST the day of launch.

EDIT: I ordered a fully loaded w/ default memory.

Could it be the RAM holding up mine? I ordered at 3 am est from the U of T store and mine is still processing (maxed on everything, 3tb fusion)

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
27" 3.4ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 768GB SSD, 680MX

Shipped and in the Fedex system for delivery on the 13th of December via 2-3 day.
(Currently in China.)

You can imagine my surprise when I woke up this afternoon and had an email from Apple pop up on my iPhone "One of your items has shipped." I went bonkers, I had expected this thing in 2 weeks! Wow-why is everyone raging over these... A week and a half from brand new release, to ultimate iMac heaven? I'm happy!

Now to sell my loaded 27" 2011 model >_> Maybe I can hurry and still catch the Christmas window :rolleyes:
Do you know if we will get an email once our orders goes from processing to "Preparing for shipment"?

It'd sure save me refreshing my orders page every half hour. :eek::D:mad:

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
Some people have standard shipping (3-5 days) and others have expedited (2-3 days)

I have next day delivery and they shipped it with UPS. Either way, it's really awesome that they're already on the way, hope every one else will get theirs shipped very soon, too!

zemzabob

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
Omg pretty sure that guy got fired :D

If memory service me right he did and Matthew Thornton, senior vice president for FedEx apologized for the incident.

----------

So you kept yours the same, or did you have them change it to Expedited on your order?

They told me when I called that all BTO's were expedited and if I changed it would hold up my delivery, so I just went with what they told me and didn't change anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.