Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

missa2152

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Two days ago my iphone happened to have some water damage occur to it. Initially the speaker wouldn't work- nor the home button.

Today I woke up and the speaker now works, not the home button.
My phone died, and when I went to charge a USB cord and an arrow pointing to the itunes logo came up. I followed the instructions and did a restore, and once I was able to turn on the phone. Now, after charging a second time, the same problem, except I'm not able to get past this screen. Every five minutes or so the black apple screen comes up as if it is trying to load my settings, but immediately goes back to the USB screen asking me to synch to itunes.

The home button still isn't working so I'm not finding any way around this.
Any advice? Thank you!

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Keep trying to restore it until it works and if it doesn't then maybe you damaged it with the water. Have it repaired or buy another phone.

andy.barron

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2006
Bedford, England
Firstly ensure you have a backup (or at least one that isn't so long ago before the damage that it matters little) & ensure the phone is completely dried out. Remove the sim, battery & cover etc. & let all of these dry (not connected to each other) in a warm (not hot) environment.

Once you are sure all moisture is gone, put back together & try the restore again. A good url for tips is below:

http://www.ijailbreak.com/how-to/using-dfu-mode-to-fix-ipod-touch-and-iphone-errors/

Hope that helps & good luck.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.