Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Was going through my drawer and I found this phone (pic below). It just blows my mind how far we've come. I thought hey, I'm glued to my cell phone 5-8 hours a day. Sometimes even 10-12. Why don't I try this Nokia for a week and see what I discover outside if my cell phone?

What do y'all think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 404

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
i still have an 8290 and 9690i as backups, well did, since i recently switched to verizon.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I've often questioned myself about where I'd be today without an iPhone.

My first phone was the one with an antenna, I was a senior. Then I upgraded to a Motorola (I believe) juke box phone which looked like the NGage. Then I upgraded to the Razr, and then Samsung Blackjack. I returned from my 15 month deployment and wanted a Black Berry but then learned about the iPhone 3GS that just released a few months before I came home and that is the phone I got myself and my wife. We've then upgraded to the 4, 4S (just myself), and then 5 (my wife).

I used my brothers Android phone last year while he was in ICU and I was on emergency leave, I used it for a month and I did like some features of it such as Widgets, but didn't like the App Store very much and how fast it died.

One of my coworkers uses a Black Berry phone and I asked him why he doesn't get an iPhone and he said he's happy with just texting, I don't get it since he pays the same monthly amount I do. But to each their own. I wouldn't mind switching but I already know I'd hate it.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Was this phone on TDMA? Is it even still usable on the network? This would be cool to do as an experiment nonetheless...

I don't think it's going to work :( I put in contacts, everything.

Spent 3 hours.

Then put the sim in. No netowrk found :( :( :(

I'm actually really sad.

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
You will miss whatsapp, messages, facebook, twitter, browsing the web and typing a message will be almost impossible.

LoloBond

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2011
Was going through my drawer and I found this phone (pic below). It just blows my mind how far we've come. I thought hey, I'm glued to my cell phone 5-8 hours a day. Sometimes even 10-12. Why don't I try this Nokia for a week and see what I discover outside if my cell phone?

What do y'all think

I did this experiment when I switched from Verizon to At&t while I waited or the iP5 and the results were amazing... I pay little attention to the phone, no games, texting, netflix, email, I didn't even want to use the phone at all, I only used the phone when I need it to call my wife or something.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Ok guys. UPDATE! I ordered another nokia phone off the Internet. I put the picture below.

I am fairly sure it is compatible with AT&T. I love my iPhone 5 but I spend so many hours on it I can't get anything done. If there was iPhone 5 addiction, I would have it. In fact, if there is no such, I'm the first. I am addicted to my iPhone. And I need help. It wasn't that way with the 4. But I think this bigger screen is so much more usable I'm on it all day everyday. I'll have my books or work in my lap but be looking at my iPhone 5. After 3 hours, not a page of my work done. Still on iPhone. Hopefully this nokia can help with my chronic iPhone problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 89

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
after owning a total of 88 cell phones in my life, of all breeds and mostly nokia, i couldve given you a better old school series 40 nokia to buy besides that beast.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Interesting experiment. I've thought of trying something like this during the summer but never got around to it. Maybe I'll dig up my old Razr after exams :p

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Can't wait to see how the OP loves his life without the iPhone.

How long will you last! :D

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
Send me the iPhone for the week... :D

I don't think you'll miss it as much as you expect. You'll enjoy the extra time you have.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Send me the iPhone for the week... :D

I don't think you'll miss it as much as you expect. You'll enjoy the extra time you have.

Sorry my buddy already got dibbs! :p

Next time it's yours ;)

----------

Can't wait to see how the OP loves his life without the iPhone.

How long will you last! :D

Honestly, I am totally addicted to my iPhone. I really need to stop burying my head in software, a virtual world that doesn't exist, and look up at the world, the real world around me.

----------

I think why do you think we care.

Have fun with your old phone.

Looks like everyone who responded does, doc.

cpc12

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2011
You guys make me feel old... Talking about the razor being an old phone.

I remember before the star tac come out. It was them" next big thing " in cell phones

The year was 1996.

My first cell phone was in 1993...

Yea I know I'm old.

hifromtomorrow

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
my first phone -
nokia 101 1995 i think

my current phone -
iPhone 5

many phones in between,
can't imagine why anyone would want not to have all that is available in one device, however, it would be extremely funny to be getting around the city with an old "brick" talking on it and seeing who noticed

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Those Nokia phones are cool. Wish I used those instead of the Samsung/lg/etc dumbphones that I used before the iPhone.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
my first phone -
nokia 101 1995 i think

my current phone -
iPhone 5

many phones in between,
can't imagine why anyone would want not to have all that is available in one device, however, it would be extremely funny to be getting around the city with an old "brick" talking on it and seeing who noticed

LOL. That's so funny. I'm gonna walk around flaunting it like its the iPhone 5.

----------

Those Nokia phones are cool. Wish I used those instead of the Samsung/lg/etc dumbphones that I used before the iPhone.

Yeah they actually are pretty sleek. I like them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.