Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1stBowman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Ordered on release day at 0700hrs from Apple Canada website. Live near Toronto Canada.

Received an email that my iMac has shipped.

Tracking shows it has left Shanghai China with an estimated delivery of December 17th. Original estimate was December 24th to Jan 3rd.

I am using and iPad3 and I tried to cut paste the images from the email and ups tracking website but I could only get text. If someone explain how to do a screen shot please advise and I will post it.

My config is as follows:

Hide Configuration Details
Configuration

2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD-AM
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

jason1790

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Ordered on release day at 0700hrs from Apple Canada website. Live near Toronto Canada.

Tracking shows it has left Shanghai China with an estimated delivery of December 17th. Original estimate was December 24th to Jan 3rd.

I am using and iPad3 and I tried to cut paste the images from the email and ups tracking website but I could only get text. If someone explain how to do a screen shot please advise and I will post it.

My config is as follows:

Configuration

1TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC TRACKPAD-AM
COUNTRY KIT

Hey. Nice to hear your iMac shipped! To take a snap shot on your iPad, press the lock button and home button at the same time. (don't hold them just press them at the same time). You will hear a camera noise. The image will be saved to your camera roll.

-Jason

obsoletepower

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2006
Toronto, Canada

My config is as follows:

Configuration

1TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC TRACKPAD-AM
COUNTRY KIT

Congrats dude!! I also live near Toronto (in the GTA) and I am still waiting for mine to ship.

Available: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers 24 Dec - 2 Jan via Expedited Shipping
Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD-AM
COUNTRY KIT

When did you place your order? I placed mine at around 5 a.m. EST.

philipfreire

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
Lucky guy! Congrats!

I live in Toronto and I ordered at 6am but still says preparing to ship. 21-31. :(

Fully maxed out specs.

Configuration
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-4X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD-AM
COUNTRY KIT

1stBowman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Here are the screen shots

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 127

rpramanik

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2008
San Francisco, USA
lucky...

BTO
i7
3Tb fusion
8 G Memory
Trackpad

at 12:02 (PST) in california but education discount...

Still can cancel:(

maybe the edu discount? or maybe because I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, I will get an American Made one... I hope so.:) will then be worth a few days delay.

JSchwartz15

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2012
Did you have expedited shipping?

I also live in Toronto, and I ordered at 3 am est. The computer is fully maxed out (32 gigs of ram, 3 tb fusion, 680mx, i7, trackpad, wired keyboard). The only thing I don't have is expedited shipping. I wonder if that is truly holding it up since you ordered at 7 and are ahead of me in "line". :rolleyes:

usethisname

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Mine still won't ship for awhile (delivery Jan 3-Jan 9). However I'm curious. For all you who are getting shipments from China, do you have 2-3 day shipping or next day? I have next day, so I wonder if that means it is being built in the US?! Has anyone with next-day shipping gotten a shipped notification from China?

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Mine still won't ship for awhile (delivery Jan 3-Jan 9). However I'm curious. For all you who are getting shipments from China, do you have 2-3 day shipping or next day? I have next day, so I wonder if that means it is being built in the US?! Has anyone with next-day shipping gotten a shipped notification from China?

Yes, there was one person who had next day shipping whose iMac had shipped from China, and it was via UPS.

1stBowman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Did you have expedited shipping?

I also live in Toronto, and I ordered at 3 am est. The computer is fully maxed out (32 gigs of ram, 3 tb fusion, 680mx, i7, trackpad, wired keyboard). The only thing I don't have is expedited shipping. I wonder if that is truly holding it up since you ordered at 7 and are ahead of me in "line". :rolleyes:

Just standard shipping.

Gwomack

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
Got same message today. Ordered it about the same time from St. Louis, MO. Says it will arrive December 18. Did regular shipping. Passed on the i7, did 3TB regular HD, upgraded video card, left RAM alone (will max out myself). I use it with FCP for business. Been limping along with my 2006 MBP and HD video has been killing me on render. I'll post when it arrives and I start editing.

Shipped on Dec 10, 2012 |Signature required for delivery
Track Shipment Pre-Sign for Delivery Print Invoice Return Items

Shipment 1 of 2

productImage
27-inch iMac

Configuration
3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
PAGES PREINSTALLED
COUNTRY KIT

Updated: 12/10/2012 9:46 P.M. Eastern Time

In Transit

Last Location:
Departed - Shanghai, China, Monday, 12/10/2012

Additional Information

Product:
WORLD EASE
Shipped/Billed On:
12/10/2012
Type:
Package
Weight:
14.70 kgs

Shipment Progress

What's This?

Location Date Local Time Activity
Shanghai, China 12/10/2012 10:50 P.M. Departure Scan
12/10/2012 6:45 P.M. Origin Scan
China 12/10/2012 7:22 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Last edited:

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I also live in Toronto and I ordered the stock $1799 model 27" as soon as the preorders went live at just before 3am.

My order is STILL "processing', no preparing/shipping for me yet. Beginning to worry a little.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.