Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay9495

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Australians its not only you guys who are waiting I'm in the us too I ordered mine the second it went online same configuration as some of the ones that already been shipped, however mine it's still processing it's not that the US is getting priority it seems because a lot of us are still processing

"Some of the US" * :D

crows

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2012
I'm curious if anyone who ordered on Dec 3 has seen any updates to their status as you can imagine I was furious with my bank for not processing a payment I made to free balance in one of my cards to purchase the iMac it took until Monday Dec 3 for the balance to be available and I ordered at about 9 am EST of course i'm not getting it before XMAS but just maybe before 2013 the web site had the 3-4 weeks on the time while I was ordering.. and actually i didn't notice it change to January until 2 days later when exactly did that change to Jan anyway? mine is a i7,1tb fusion and the gtx680mx

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
My delivery date on tracking just changed to the 17th by the end of the day. Im hoping that once it gets into country that it changes even earlier, lol. This is the third change already so who knows.

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
For you that stated UPS Worldwide Expedited was a slogan for UPS, it is a shipping option. Non of these systems coming from China are standard shipments. Standard shipping is a ground shipping service available for only the 48 continental united states, canada, and mexico. 4-5 business days is the UPS Worldwide Expedited service and "standard" as far as what apple tells us on the website when we order and is free. This is why when people talk to a CSO from Apple they state that all the shipments are expedited. In a sense they are, because that is the shipping product they chose. It is still a 4-5 business day shipment regardless. Peace.

That letter R with a circle around it after UPS Worldwide Expedted means that it is a registered slogan mark. It is like a trademark, but for a slogan. Yes, standard shipping is only for contiguous North America. My point, is that from China, it is the standard 5 day service. There is also:

UPS Worldwide Saver - 2 days from Asia
UPS Worldwide Express - 2-3 days from Asia

Coming from China, UPS Worldwide Expedited is the slowest (cheapest) and standard shipping option. The word expedited means nothing, it is just what they called the shipping option. They probably registered it so companies like Apple could tell their customers that a customer's order had expedited shipping. Typical marketing BS.

----------

My delivery date on tracking just changed to the 17th by the end of the day. Im hoping that once it gets into country that it changes even earlier, lol. This is the third change already so who knows.

Mine also just got moved up to the Monday the 17th. Now I'll have to stay up and wait for it instead of sleeping. :(

gwsmith

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Mine is still in processing, no change whatever. I ordered at 4 AM Pacific on the 30th.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
That letter R with a circle around it after UPS Worldwide Expedted means that it is a registered slogan mark. It is like a trademark, but for a slogan. Yes, standard shipping is only for contiguous North America. My point, is that from China, it is the standard 5 day service. There is also:

UPS Worldwide Saver - 2 days from Asia
UPS Worldwide Express - 2-3 days from Asia

Coming from China, UPS Worldwide Expedited is the slowest (cheapest) and standard shipping option. The word expedited means nothing, it is just what they called the shipping option. They probably registered it so companies like Apple could tell their customers that a customer's order had expedited shipping. Typical marketing BS.

----------

Mine also just got moved up to the Monday the 17th. Now I'll have to stay up and wait for it instead of sleeping. :(
I hate you

pshady

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2005
los angeles
My fully loaded (except for RAM - doing that myself) shipped tonight and is arriving 12/13! Next day shipping.

i7
2GB GPU
3TB Fusion Drive
Magic Mouse
Keyboard
8GB RAM

FYI - Shipped via FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Is anyone whose order was on the first UPS planeload this morning from Shanghai to Anchorage showing a AK departure yet on their UPS tracking?

I had a 12/18 delivery date estimate in the Apple shipping email, but UPS tracking has now posted a Scheduled Delivery: Monday 12/17. Recently UPS has been beating their scheduled delivery dates by 1 day here, so I am hoping that once it is moving again they might push that up to Friday 12/14.

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
My fully loaded (except for RAM - doing that myself) shipped tonight and is arriving 12/13! Next day shipping.

i7
2GB GPU
3TB Fusion Drive
Magic Mouse
Keyboard
8GB RAM

FYI - Shipped via FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution

I really don't understand why mine has not shipped at and others have. Crazy

pshady

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2005
los angeles
My iMac shipment notice lists the following:

Items in Your Shipment
27-inch iMac
Part Number: Z0MS
With the following configuration:
•
PROCESSOR 065-C0PK 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
•
MEMORY 065-0638 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
•
HARD DRIVE 065-C0Q6 3TB Fusion Drive
•
GRAPHICS 065-C099 NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
•
MOUSE 065-0661 APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
•
BATTERY CHARGER 065-0670 NO APPLE BATTERY CHARGER
•
PAGES 065-C13D NONE
•
NUMBERS 065-C13F NONE
•
KEYNOTE 065-C13G NONE
•
APPLE KEYBOARD 065-0664 Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
•
COUNTRY KIT 065-0718 COUNTRY KIT

Does this mean I get free copies of Pages, Numbers and Keynote? I've never seen this before.

MiddKid

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
Just to add my info...

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Ordered 12:11am PST on 11/30.

Still processing. AmEx has a pending charge as of this morning.

Called just now to upgrade to expedited and got the same story...that all the iMacs are being upgraded for free and the was nothing to upgrade...

So after reading that perhaps Apple is considering expedited shipping = standard shipping I just called back and clarified and said I'd be willing to pay the $30 to upgrade my order to 2-3 day shipping...not just "expedited shipping." The response this time was that it was not possible to change the shipping once the order was placed...even though I'm still in "Processing." Hmmm...back to page refreshing. 10:25pm PST...still Processing (even though I ordered at 12:11am PST on 11/30).

noahc

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2005
Is anyone whose order was on the first UPS planeload this morning from Shanghai to Anchorage showing a AK departure yet on their UPS tracking?

I think it was a big assumption from everybody that the departure 10:50pm from Shanghai was getting on a plane. Mine is in this batch but was just scanned "Export Scan" in Shanghai at 2:09pm -- so its still in China. Delivery time has changed to 12/17 before end of day. I think it is unlikely to be significantly sped up beyond this.. of course I'll hold out hope that the transit gods smile upon me and it is delivered on Friday instead but I'm not putting any money on that.

Once again wishing I'd called and asked for expedited shipping!

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
So after reading that perhaps Apple is considering expedited shipping = standard shipping I just called back and clarified and said I'd be willing to pay the $30 to upgrade my order to 2-3 day shipping...not just "expedited shipping." The response this time was that it was not possible to change the shipping once the order was placed...even though I'm still in "Processing." Hmmm...back to page refreshing. 10:25pm PST...still Processing (even though I ordered at 12:11am PST on 11/30).

I tried to do this, but moving from 2-3 day to overnight... as some people on here were given overnight shipping for whatever reason... and the guy told me they don't offer overnight shipping because it's international. I tried explaining the whole "I mean once it arrives" thing but then I figured I was wasting my breath.

I ordered mine at 12:15 that day and I'm still processing. For all we know they just took all the orders from 11/30 and chose to ship them randomly instead of going in order. The best we can do is hope we're part of the next shipment.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I tried to do this, but moving from 2-3 day to overnight... as some people on here were given overnight shipping for whatever reason... and the guy told me they don't offer overnight shipping because it's international. I tried explaining the whole "I mean once it arrives" thing but then I figured I was wasting my breath.

I ordered mine at 12:15 that day and I'm still processing. For all we know they just took all the orders from 11/30 and chose to ship them randomly instead of going in order. The best we can do is hope we're part of the next shipment.

Seems random to me. Like many people I ordered within 3 minutes of it going live. No change to the order status.

kcramer

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012

My order is 11/29 and it is still at "Processing Items".

Senor Manzana

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2012
I ordered my Imac within the first 30 min and my order is still processing. I'm a little worried though since the hold on my card was removed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.