Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In line with rumors and speculation from late last month, Adobe today released updates to both Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator CS6 bringing support for Retina displays as found on Apple's redesigned MacBook Pro models.
With this update, customers can see more detail in images, text, and in the Illustrator user interface when working on high-resolution displays, including the new Retina display available on MacBook Pro. The HiDPI feature in Illustrator is currently only available on Mac OS. It is expected to be available in the future on additional operating systems.
The updates are available for both Creative Cloud subscribers and owners with standalone licenses.

photoshop_illustrator_cs6_icons.jpg
Adobe had announced in late August that it would be bringing Retina display support to a number of its titles over the following months, with Photoshop and Illustrator being two of the highest-profile applications receiving the upgrade. At the time, Adobe noted that the upgrade process for Photoshop alone required the replacement of 2500 icons and cursors, as well as other engineering work to optimize the experience for Retina displays.

Adobe's Create Now conference kicks off tomorrow morning, and the company may have more to announce about its software offerings at that time.

Article Link: Adobe Updates Photoshop and Illustrator CS6 with Retina Display Support

WICKEDfour

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2003
Download Links

Adobe Illustrator 16.0.3 Update for Mac
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5524
The Adobe Illustrator 16.0.3 update adds support for HiDPI Retina Displays and provides several other stability fixes.

The Photoshop update is listed on Adobe's Downloads page, but clicking the link results in a "Not Found" error.

[EDIT] Found the Photoshop CS6 13.0.2 updater on Adobe's FTP server:

Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 Update for Mac
ftp://ftp.adobe.com//pub/adobe/photoshop/mac/13.x/Photoshop_CS6_13_0_2_upd.dmg

Last edited:

Exponent

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Silicon Valley
Believe me, you're better off without it...

WhaddaYouMean? I've been using the 15" rMBP for 5+ months now, and love it!

I drive it in full resolution mode, and it's like having a Cinema Display on a laptop. I finally have the screen real-estate I need to to all kinds of multiple-window, multiple-program engineering work.

myxomatosis

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2012
Montréal
You can grab it on the FTP directly:

ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/mac/13.x

The file is called: Photosgop_CS6_13_0_2_upd.dmg

thedarkhorse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
first got the photoshop update, then a few minutes later illustrator appeared in the updater.

Vectors in illustrator are jaw droppingly crisp

bizzaregood

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2008
MA, US
Adobe Illustrator 16.0.3 Update for Mac
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5524
The Adobe Illustrator 16.0.3 update adds support for HiDPI Retina Displays and provides several other stability fixes.

The Photoshop update is listed on Adobe's Downloads page, but clicking the link results in a "Not Found" error.

[EDIT] Found the Photoshop CS6 13.0.2 updater on Adobe's FTP server:

Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 Update for Mac
ftp://ftp.adobe.com//pub/adobe/photoshop/mac/13.x/Photoshop_CS6_13_0_2_upd.dmg

Illustrator link worked. Photoshop updater says its not applicable to me. They haven't should up in the adobe updater.... Im confused

willcapellaro

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2011
Would love to see a screenshot from either/both programs. How do selections look? Marching ants in PSD and bounding boxes or selected polygon objects in AI...

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada

Long story short: ghosting, overheating, dead pixels, bending aluminum frame (and no I did not sit on it), right-hand ports dead (sd card slot, HDMI and usb 3.0), loose/falling screws...

----------

WhaddaYouMean? I've been using the 15" rMBP for 5+ months now, and love it!

I drive it in full resolution mode, and it's like having a Cinema Display on a laptop. I finally have the screen real-estate I need to to all kinds of multiple-window, multiple-program engineering work.

I haven't been as fortunate... :(

----------

Doesn't mean I don't want one...

True, true

Dreamer2go

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Long story short: ghosting, overheating, dead pixels, bending aluminum frame (and no I did not sit on it), right-hand ports dead (sd card slot, HDMI and usb 3.0), loose/falling screws...

----------

I haven't been as fortunate... :(

----------

True, true

You do realize that people posting in this forum that have those problem only represents a small majority of total retina MBP users?

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada
You do realize that people posting in this forum that have those problem only represents a small majority of total retina MBP users?

Hey, don't want to discourage anyone from buying it, I'm just telling my story as I was asked for it. Honestly, my advice would be to wait next year for the rMBP. 3 friends of mine have bought the rMBP over the 5 past months for their studies. 1 is fine. The others...well..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.