Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moazzam

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Hi guys kindly help me to solve this little problem :)
I have an iphone 3gs on ios 4.1 & BB 05.16.05.( I recently downgraded it from 5.1.1 to 4.1)... Know i'm thinking to upgrade it to 6.0.1 and jailbreak it tethered bcuz its a new bootrom :( I want to install the iPad's BB using redsnow...
Should I install the iPad's baseband before upgrading to ios 6.0.1 or do it after upgrading...?

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2009
If your 3GS is newer batch from 2011, installing an iPad firmware will brick it almost for sure with no way back. Don't do it.

Moazzam

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Why do you want to install the ipad baseband on your 3GS?
Are you trying to unlock it?
Is your 3GS compatible with the ipad bb? If not you can fry it and ruin the phone.

I want to unlock it...
How to find that it is compatible with ipad bb?

Moazzam

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
If your 3GS is newer batch from 2011, installing an iPad firmware will brick it almost for sure with no way back. Don't do it.

I dont know when it was batch :( i just want to unlock it... Is there any other way?

hockeyman94

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2012
California
iPhone IMEI unlocks

Hi guys kindly help me to solve this little problem :)
I have an iphone 3gs on ios 4.1 & BB 05.16.05.( I recently downgraded it from 5.1.1 to 4.1)... Know i'm thinking to upgrade it to 6.0.1 and jailbreak it tethered bcuz its a new bootrom :( I want to install the iPad's BB using redsnow...
Should I install the iPad's baseband before upgrading to ios 6.0.1 or do it after upgrading...?

I dont even mess around with baseband any more I bought the unlock on ebay here-
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop...nkw=iphone+at&t+service+unlock&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

I would just use Unlock Fusion its $2.10 and takes a day

b0bab0i

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2012

Moazzam

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
+1

You should just do an unlock. People only installed iPad baseband before was because those factory unlocks weren't available. After AT&T started unlocking iPhones, theres no use for changing baseband anymore.

Ok. Thanks for ur advice.
I really didnt wanna do that...

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2009
Just keep in mind that installing iPad's baseband will screw the GPS module up and you won't be able to use it anymore.

Moazzam

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
On that iphone 3GS yes you can install the ipad baseband to unlock.
But if its an AT&T iphone mind as well pay the $3-4 and have it factory IMEI unlocked.
Way better and less headaches.
Up to you.

Ok. I'll prefer the factory unlock. Thanks for ypur advice bro.

----------

Thanks to all...
I really appreciate all of yours help :)
I'll do a factory unlock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.