Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scalest

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2006
Balls!

Ordered 1st December with "Availability 2 weeks" and only just looked properly and now see the delivery date is 27th December. ie. no iPad for the wife's Christmas present! :(

Is there any chance of getting it before Christmas? If I call Apple can I upgrade to express shipping at this point? What's in store availability like (Black, 16Gb)? I could get to the Brent Cross Apple Store after work one night without too much hassle.

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Balls!

Ordered 1st December with "Availability 2 weeks" and only just looked properly and now see the delivery date is 27th December. ie. no iPad for the wife's Christmas present! :(

Is there any chance of getting it before Christmas? If I call Apple can I upgrade to express shipping at this point? What's in store availability like (Black, 16Gb)? I could get to the Brent Cross Apple Store after work one night without too much hassle.

There's. pretty good chance it'll come early. Mine was a week early.

iMacprobook

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
UK
At last we have a sign!

Crawley, United Kingdom 11/12/2012 6:39 Out for Delivery
Tamworth, United Kingdom 11/12/2012 0:04 Origin Scan
United Kingdom 10/12/2012 17:53 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

UPS are always early for us, usually by 11.. I feel like ive been on an adventure and im nearly home, it's only a flippin gadget though! :)

scalest

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2006
There's. pretty good chance it'll come early. Mine was a week early.

Well I hope so. Rang Apple and you can't upgrade the shipping - "we can't charge your card twice for the same order", hmmmm...

John Lewis have some in stock today online.

I'll keep my eye on John Lewis. Didn't realise they we so rare or I would have jumped on them straight away! Would be perfect as I could do click and collect from the Waitrose 2 min walk from my door and return it easily if the one from Apple showed up in time!

gadgets.loco

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Brum, UK
iPad mini 32GB black wifi/cellular order from 3 on Dec 8 was just delivered this morning at 9AM :D Christmas present to the wife now sorted :D:D:D

scalest

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2006
Balls!

Well after suddenly realising my Christmas was in danger, as if by magic I just received a shipping notice - delivery by the 18th - sorted!

ItsWelshy

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2012
At last we have a sign!

Crawley, United Kingdom 11/12/2012 6:39 Out for Delivery
Tamworth, United Kingdom 11/12/2012 0:04 Origin Scan
United Kingdom 10/12/2012 17:53 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

UPS are always early for us, usually by 11.. I feel like ive been on an adventure and im nearly home, it's only a flippin gadget though! :)

Are you in Crawley? I'm in Horsham :)

NNNZZZ

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Do Apple have a customer service phone number? I want to shout at someone.

order on 15th Nov, shipped on 1st Dec, the website told me I should got it 11th Dec,but nothing happened. Call this Number today, and they told me due some reasons it delay, it may arrives on Friday, but they can't promise. What a .....The worst online shopping I had ever.

Last edited:

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Ever go to the abott or millionaires? :)

The abbott once or twice. My mate used to work there.

I'd rather get tossed off by bernard manning than go in millionaires/embassy/liquid/envy or any of its incarnations...... its getting turned into flats now, I think they should have turned it back into a cinema:(

Fed

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
I shall be venturing into town today to pick up an EE sim card for my iPad Mini. Could anyone comment on the signal they've received, particularly in the North West of England with EE? I use two Vodafone mobile phones at the minute and for the most of the time, it's good signal. It'll drop out at various parts on the M62 and M6, but that's about it. However I haven't been with Orange before but can I assume it'll provide excellent signal? So far as I know, they use the Orange and T-Mobile infrastructure to deliver their service, so I'm assuming it'll be great at the minute. That said, how is their 4G?

j_maddison

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2003
Nelson, Wales
I shall be venturing into town today to pick up an EE sim card for my iPad Mini. Could anyone comment on the signal they've received, particularly in the North West of England with EE? I use two Vodafone mobile phones at the minute and for the most of the time, it's good signal. It'll drop out at various parts on the M62 and M6, but that's about it. However I haven't been with Orange before but can I assume it'll provide excellent signal? So far as I know, they use the Orange and T-Mobile infrastructure to deliver their service, so I'm assuming it'll be great at the minute. That said, how is their 4G?

The Orange and T mobile networks have now combined to be called the EE network Orange and T mobile now share this network.

For 3G coverage it used to be a 2 horse race between Orange and 3 for data coverage. I've been on both and had a job where I would be travelling around the country every week, HQ was in the North West.

Now that the networks have combined to form EE, the coverage will only be better. In comparison to moving from Vidafone for data, you'll find the 3G coverage to be a major improvement. As for 4G coverage, that will depend on where you are and EE's roll out. Now that the 4G auctions have completed, you'll find that there will be a ramp up for 4G coverage.

You won't be disappointed with the 3G coverage, but have realistic expectations for 4G

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.