Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdrose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
Hi, I am making a short video on iMovie. One of my clips was initially in .avi which I converted to .mov using Perian. I can now see the clip in quicktime, but when I import it into iMovie to edit, I can only hear the audio, and cannot see the video. Any helpful ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks!

ksunny

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
AIC video showing up black in iMovieHD

We've got the same problem.
We're using iMovie HD on MBP with OSX 10.6.8 to edit HD footage. The project was started on another computer using the same version of iMovie (5.0.2). On the new computer, all clips show up as black, but the audio works. The footage is full HD in .mov format at 29.97fps. The clips play fine in Quicktime, but the video doesn't show up in iMovie!

We tried importing a new .mov into the project, and the same thing happened - we hear audio but the picture is black. This clip also plays fine in QT.

The codec is already Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC). Are there different versions of this codec that are incompatible with each other?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.