Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pshady

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2005
los angeles
Wow, do you think its too late to ask for priority? Im in the US, and expecting a 12/18..
I keep seeing people post 12/13, and I wish Id payed extra for the express shipping now.

If you are already in Preparing for Shipment, it's too late to change shipping method.

zemzabob

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
3de4881a1282a7292ebdcc29e561585f.jpg

Last edited:

Airnova

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012
Charlottetown, PEI Canada
Anyone from Canada get updated to "Preparing for Shipment"?...ordered my 27" around 5 AM EST on the 30th and am still waiting for a status change...Called Apple yesterday to inquire on the timing of the delivery, was "upgraded" to Expedited Delivery and my estimated receive day moved up to now be between 21-31/DEC. Same message as some others have posted showed up as well after the call "Delivers 21 Dec - 31 Dec via Expedited Shipping (excl. gift cards) - Free"

Becoming impatient....:apple:

I live in PEI, Canada and still waiting for a status change as well. I ordered my BTO 27" on Nov 30th around 6:00pm eastern. I called Apple a few days ago to get expedited delivery and gave me free expedited. Now my new delivery date is Dec 31st - Jan 3rd. Moved up by 3 or 4 days! I doubt if I'll have by Christmas though.

----------

Mine changed to preparing for shipment this morning. Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.

So for those of you who's status has changed to shipping approximately how long did you have to wait to see that change and get your tracking number ?

When did you order yours and the time of day? I'm from Canada also so there maybe movement of this long awaited gift to the north of the US border!!! :)

KiwiPhoto

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
In New Zealand

Am in New Zealand and ordered within 1 hr of store opening on 30th Nov. 27" BTO with SSD. Now preparing to ship :) (delivers 21 - 27 Dec)

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I think they might have got a late start out yesterday. See the bit below about "package received after fedex cutoff" on the 10th. Doesn't seem to effect the ETA though. Still 13th by 10"30 am:

Dec 11, 2012 8:08 PM
In transit
SHANGHAI CN
Dec 11, 2012 8:03 PM
International shipment release - Import
SHANGHAI CN
Dec 10, 2012 6:02 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
SHANGHAI CN
Dec 10, 2012 6:01 PM
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff
Dec 10, 2012 2:23 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
THANK YOU!

I just called Apple and upgraded my shipping for free (standard to 2-3 day) Instead of delivery between 24th and 31st, now I'm quoted the 20th through the 27th!

Thanks for the heads up!

No problem. I'm surprised it didn't change automatically... That's messed up! I guess new orders FROM THIS POINT FORWARD will receive free 2-3 day shipping by default... but previous orders (even if they haven't shipped yet) will not be changed from standard to 2-3 day unless you call in.

I called in last week to try and pay for a 2-3 day shipping upgrade, but they ended up upgrading me for free at that time. Now that they started this new promotion, my order page changed to "Delivers Dec 21 - Dec 28 via 2-3 Business Days (excl. gift cards) - Free". I guess it's because I was already listed as having 2-3 day shipping.

So... If anyone has an order with standard shipping that's currently processing, you should call in and request free 2-3 day shipping, since that's what is offered on their site. Not sure if this applies to people outside of the US.

califlorida

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
I think they might have got a late start out yesterday. See the bit below about "package received after fedex cutoff" on the 10th. Doesn't seem to effect the ETA though. Still 13th by 10"30 am:

Dec 11, 2012 8:08 PM
In transit
SHANGHAI CN
Dec 11, 2012 8:03 PM
International shipment release - Import
SHANGHAI CN
Dec 10, 2012 6:02 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
SHANGHAI CN
Dec 10, 2012 6:01 PM
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff
Dec 10, 2012 2:23 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

I have that notice too on the Fedex 1st shipment, and was hoping it wont effect anything with the delivery schedule. My guess is that they got in 1 minute after cutoff but with such a big load they still got everything out alright.

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
about . yes. The slowest part is getting out of China customs.

I'm trying to decide how long I'll wait before I need to change the shipping address to where I'll be for the holidays. If it ships within the next few days, it'll be here before I leave...

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I'm trying to decide how long I'll wait before I need to change the shipping address to where I'll be for the holidays. If it ships within the next few days, it'll be here before I leave...

From the first date it posts on the tracking # info, it looks to be 3 days from there unless it comes late and misses getting out for some reason.

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
From the first date it posts on the tracking # info, it looks to be 3 days from there unless it comes late and misses getting out for some reason.

What about a delay in the "preparing to ship" phase? I'm not in that phase yet... but do you know of any that spent days in that status?

burninggarlic

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
about . yes. The slowest part is getting out of China customs.

Not the custom's issue.
The vendor is located in an area only focuses on exporting. All the stuff they make inside this area must either be sent out of the country or go through the custom as "imported commodity".

So from my experience of supply chain management, the parcel merging process from the express makes this happen.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
YEAH!!! In Alaska finally! (I know . . a bit stalkerish)
Dec 11, 2012 11:55 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
ANCHORAGE, AK

----------

What about a delay in the "preparing to ship" phase? I'm not in that phase yet... but do you know of any that spent days in that status?

That could happen if the credit card is slow to approve I suppose. Otherwise it's about a day there.

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
Three days after shipping? Mine already lists as having done its 'export scan' in Shanghai but my delivery date is the 17th (outside of Washington DC). A full 7 days after its origin scan on the 10th.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I'm wondering if its the Fusion adding delay or because I got a free Magic Mouse....

Fusion doesn't add delays in the sense that we don't know anything about why/what does. I ordered my maxed out iMac with the standard 1TB 7200rpm, and mine's still processing.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Three days after shipping? Mine already lists as having done its 'export scan' in Shanghai but my delivery date is the 17th (outside of Washington DC). A full 7 days after its origin scan on the 10th.
That's odd. UPS or Fedex? It should come sooner once it move along some more.

martinm0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2010
Expedited Shipping on anything backordered

I just called Apple to update my shipping to expedited. The rep that I talked to stated that any backordered item is shipped out with the fastest shipping method automatically (i.e., expedited shipping). He was nice enough to still update my shipping officially to expedited, but he really thought it was unnecessary because all the iMacs are currently backordered (hence the free expedited shipping as the only option now for new orders).

So, not sure anyone needs to worry about getting an upgrade, but I will admit it certainly is nice to see the delivery estimates go from the 2nd-8th down to the 28th-4th.

EmmanuelJB

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
Has anyone with an Estimated delivery date of 31-7 had any updates (Cancel, Button Removed, Preparing for Shipment, or Shipped??).

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
That's odd. UPS or Fedex? It should come sooner once it move along some more.

Shipped via UPS. Maybe the delivery date will update the next time it gets scanned somewhere. I originally said the 18th in the shipping confirmation email I received. When it showed up on the UPS site it listed EoD the 17th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.