Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
I will be installing my 3rd party 16GB RAM and check out the performance of the GTX 680MX on high demanding games, as well as other benchmark tests.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Yes.

I first need to check for likely issues with these LG screens. Very important.

Also touch it.

:apple:
Definitely, I'm so amped to get it but at the same time scared as hell of getting a crappy screen...like when LG totally screwed up iPad 2's those were awful

RoastingPig

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal
get all crazy when the mailman rings the doorbell maybe slap my grandmother in the process, then sign for the package like Thurgood jenkins in halfbaked.

Last edited:

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
I'll come here and tease whoever still has their order 'processing'.

Also, since I'll get it Monday and some people will have received it 3-4 days before that, I'll read the reports of the various problems and check my machine accordingly to see if I got a good one or not.

aprofetto8

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Take out my magnifying glass, inspect every square nanometer of it to make sure its flawless and that Santa's elves (Foxconn workers) aren't letting their standards slip.

Then I'll fire it up, take a look at the screen, inspect for dead pixels. To achieve this, I will fire up a series of super fast colour switching screens which will likely give my dog a seizure while rendering my eyes full of blood.

If I find one dead pixel, I will stomp my feet on the ground - careful to avoid my seizing dog and then call Apple to setup a return and buy another one.

If there are no dead pixels, and my dog is still alive, then I test for light leaks. To do this I shine a flashlight at the screen for 10 minutes, then turn off the lights -- oh wait, that's the glow in the dark test, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Where was I again?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.