Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Anybody trade their Ipad 2 for Mini?

I got an offer to swap my Ipad 2 for a mini. My Ipad 2 is heavy for me somtimes and it never leave the house. Now i feel i dont get enough use of it as im at work from 8.00-18.00 not include time it took for me to drive home.

its both 16g wifi. Any advice from people who changed.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Anybody trade their Ipad 2 for Mini?

I got an offer to swap my Ipad 2 for a mini. My Ipad 2 is heavy for me somtimes and it never leave the house. Now i feel i dont get enough use of it as im at work from 8.00-18.00 not include time it took for me to drive home.

its both 16g wifi. Any advice from people who changed.

Nah.

I think that would be a mistake. The iPad 4 is just too nice.

Just my 2 nickels (inflation).

modoCosmo

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2012
I just did..... Well gave the iPad 2 to my fianceé...... Loving the lightness and the screen size is almost the same

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
i think ipad mini is better for everything apart from watching videos and surfing.
obviously bigger screen = better for videos, but with safari on the mini, the text is too small for me on most websites without having to zoom in, even holding landscape.

i had to use perfect browser to help out by increasing the default font size, but its slow compared to safari.

also i use it much more than my old large ipad because i dont have to carry a bag, it fits in my coat

stickybuns

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
i think ipad mini is better for everything apart from watching videos and surfing.
obviously bigger screen = better for videos, but with safari on the mini, the text is too small for me on most websites without having to zoom in, even holding landscape.

i had to use perfect browser to help out by increasing the default font size, but its slow compared to safari.

also i use it much more than my old large ipad because i dont have to carry a bag, it fits in my coat

Instructions for adjusting the font size in iOS Safari

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I have an iPad 2 at the moment, no desire or need to change it TBH.
Although if I did I would rather get the iPad4 rather then the mini.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008

i tried those but the safari bookmark targets are so tiny that this solution doesn't actually solve the issue.

People constantly complain about the lack of retina, but I think the bigger problem is that things are harder to read due to the OS not being optimized for a smaller screen. On 3rd party apps or iBooks where fonts are adjustable then I can see everything just fine and love the Mini, but with Safari browsing or throughout the UI then fonts just seem two points too small.

Fortunately this is an easy problem to solve since all Apple has to do is make a setting for controlling the system fonts. So the big question now is "Will apple fix this or will they use it as a selling point for the Retina mini"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.