Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linda44hotmail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
I saw what appeared to be a very simple to use portable I pad stand on a flight I recently took. Basically, there were three curved aluminum legs (Strips) 3 to 4 inches long & about an inch wide with rubber covering the ends of each strip. The legs were connected at the center by a pin or rod which allowed them to pivot around each other. On the side of the pin/rod housing was a logo; this logo looked like a C which had been drawn by squaring it off. Does anyone know what company this logo is for? Has anyone else seen this stand? Please advise.

sindekit

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2011
Maybe this is what you're looking for?
twelvesouth.com/products/compass/

Last edited by a moderator:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Would this be the one...It's called the Coolermaster Wave stand.

Attachments

• CoolerMaster.png
    CoolerMaster.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 85

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
That coolermaster is a very nice simple stand. I may have to scoop that up. I l love the fact that I can use it with a case since its not using clamps to hold it in place.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
That coolermaster is a very nice simple stand. I may have to scoop that up. I l love the fact that I can use it with a case since its not using clamps to hold it in place.

Works great with a case, but I use it with the ipad naked...It really is sturdy and well made...I've paid a lot more money for far less quality...Strange that Coolermaster who are more known for their PSU's and cooling fans have started making Ipad accessories....If the make an Iphone version I'm there.

Last edited:

maniacphoner

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Works great with a case, but I use it with the ipad naked...It really is sturdy and well made...I've paid a lot more money for far less quality...Strange that Coolermaster who are more known for their PSU's and cooling fans have started making Ipad accessories....If the make an Iphone version I'm there.

How much did you buy yours for? I tried looking at their web but it looked like they sold their products through distributors and resellers based on my search. So I just went ahead and looked for the item on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...onics&field-keywords=+Coolermaster+Wave+stand

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
How much did you buy yours for? I tried looking at their web but it looked like they sold their products through distributors and resellers based on my search. So I just went ahead and looked for the item on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...onics&field-keywords=+Coolermaster+Wave+stand

I got mine from a site that isn't USA available ( e-buyer) on a one day deal for £12.99 which is a little cheaper than your Amazon link, but the price is about right...Well worth it In my opnion it really is as sturdy and well made as it looks.:)

linda44hotmail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012

Im very greatful to macman45 for helping me find it, I am going to order two, one for me one for the wife.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.