Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dgail

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2011
Mt. Hood to Puget Sound
Kickstarter

Brydge w/speakers: It's for sale, I have one I prefer, and I don't like the way it attaches to the iPad, nor do I like the stickers on the keys.

Cruxskunk keyboard (thought by the way things were going, this would show up before the Brydge.

Playgo, an Airplay device that did not get funded.

An iPhone surround bumper (I forgot the name) that also did not get funded.

I plan to hold back on being a sponsor, have hoped for a couple of items to really come through, but didn't and the one that was successful generated a lot of ill will due to their lack of communication to questions by sponsors, some of which were legitimate questions regarding major changes and design, and delivery options and costs.

I may support some of the arts and charity efforts though as it seems to be a good and well known crowd sourcing resource.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Nope, but they are very forthcoming with the details of the projects.
Lots of pics/video from the production factories in China and updates on the software

Going to be worth it? Is there any that will look professional?

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Worth it as in worth the price. I don't wear watches but for my profession, I'd like to have a professional looking watch and be able to see who is calling/texting me or if I have any messages by just looking at my watch.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Worth it as in worth the price. I don't wear watches but for my profession, I'd like to have a professional looking watch and be able to see who is calling/texting me or if I have any messages by just looking at my watch.

They haven't shipped so it's impossible to tell if its worth it.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I spend more than the price of the watch on dinner most weekend nights. Worth it is subjective

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
Check out the Slope iPad stand. Very cool. Uses nanotechnology. Love the simple design. Will look perfect next to my iMac coming in a couple weeks.

Spoke with inventor. Interestingly because of the special properties of the nano foam the longer you keep the iPad on the stand the stronger it adheres. I often get frustrated with suction type devices as they eventually lose their grip.

Slope iPad Stand

Last edited:

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I spend more than the price of the watch on dinner most weekend nights. Worth it is subjective

Congratulations, you enjoy wasting your money. I for one would rather cook my dinner and save the cash.

I'm not saying I wouldn't spend $125 on this watch, but the way it looks right now $50 is a more responsible price. I hope the backers are happy, if they are then I will check it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.