Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunandsurf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Not a big deal but I just noticed it today. I was working on something and decided to take a short break and played something using QT. After just 5 minutes or so, I quit QT and tried to continue with FCP. Couldn't. It seemed frozen. After quitting FCP and restarting, everything was fine so it's not a big deal but I was just wondering if there's a known conflict between the two?

Thanks.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
When you went back to FCP-X did you get a beach ball?. Also we are now on 10.0.7.
I find a lot of people quit FCP-X when finish for the day. I hide mine so i dont have to go through the opening procedure every time.:apple:

sunandsurf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
nope; no spinning wheel; just sat there. oh well; not a big deal; just wondering.

and yeah, i gatta update my program but first i gatta get some sleep!

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
Not a big deal but I just noticed it today. I was working on something and decided to take a short break and played something using QT. After just 5 minutes or so, I quit QT and tried to continue with FCP. Couldn't. It seemed frozen. After quitting FCP and restarting, everything was fine so it's not a big deal but I was just wondering if there's a known conflict between the two?

Thanks.

its not just qt that is causing it, mine has crashed 6 times in 2 days good thing there is auto-save, il update to .7 when i have time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.