Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
My 2012 Mini came with 10.8.1 installed...now that Apple has re-released 10.8.2 for the 2012 Mini I haven't seen much chatter about it in here either good or bad. Is it worth the update now, or is 10.8.3 close enough that I might as well hold off another couple weeks? I'm not experiencing any issues with 10.8.1 (that I'm aware of anyway).

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
It's always good to keep your Mac updated to the most recent version. It's prudent to wait a couple of days and let the neophytes test any problems, of course. :p

EDIT: Just check the Build numbers on Wikipedia, and it seems I'm running the original 10.8.2 on my 2012 mini before it was pulled. I generally install every update as soon as it's available. I've not had any problems with it.

Even if there are issues, Apple uses sorts them out quickly. The worst one was 10.6.6, which knackered OpenType fonts, and I had to reinstall an earlier version until they introduced a Supplementary Fix.

If you wait for the next update, in the hope that will fix everything, you'll always be waiting!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.