Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
Does anyone have a recommendation for a compact flash memory card to use with a Canon EOS 5D Mark 3? B and H recommends the Scan Disk. :)

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
I use Lexar 32GB 1000x in mine. You want UDMA 7 compliant cards to get the fastest write speeds so that high speed shooting has min delays clear the buffer to the card. Also if you use a Lexar USB 3 dual slot reader, you will get fast read times into the computer as it is UDMA 7 compliant also.

Anyone wanting fast SD or CF cards should see Ron's test results which are done per camera.
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/camera_wb_multi_page.asp?cid=6007-12452

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
UK
Yep Sandisk or Lexar. Don't buy from untrusted people like ebay sellers as there are many cheap fakes around that fail and loose images.

jg900ss

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2009
Europe, and Florida
Agree. SanDisk, but also because of RescuePro

I also use the SanDisk cards in my 5D, but one perhaps overlooked advantage is that I get a small CD with a copy of RescuePro software on it as part of the purchase of the SanDisk card. I have used this software now, twice, to rescue images from a card where formatting by either a PC/MAC went awry, or the camera format got frazzled. In both instances RescuePro, running on my Mac, was able to locate the missing images, AND MORE FROM PAST erasures, so I am VERY pleased with this PLUS with the purchase of a card from SanDisk. Just thought you might find that interesting.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
I also use the SanDisk cards in my 5D, but one perhaps overlooked advantage is that I get a small CD with a copy of RescuePro software on it as part of the purchase of the SanDisk card. I have used this software now, twice, to rescue images from a card where formatting by either a PC/MAC went awry, or the camera format got frazzled. In both instances RescuePro, running on my Mac, was able to locate the missing images, AND MORE FROM PAST erasures, so I am VERY pleased with this PLUS with the purchase of a card from SanDisk. Just thought you might find that interesting.

Thank you sir.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.