Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following their shipment earlier this week, the first orders of Apple's redesigned 27-inch iMac have now begun arriving at their destinations, with several MacRumors readers reporting that they have receiving their shipments today ahead of their projected December 13 delivery dates.

imac_27_2012_delivered.jpg
Apple announced the redesigned iMac at its media event on October 23, but noted that the 21.5-inch model would not begin shipping until November with the 27-inch models following in December. Apple began taking orders for both sizes on November 30, with the 27-inch models seeing 2-3 week shipping estimates at that time.

Availability remains tight as Apple reportedly works to achieve acceptable yields of the new display assembly, which laminates the display directly to the cover glass. With the larger 27-inch displays proving more difficult to assemble than their smaller siblings, supplies of the 27-inch iMac models are particularly tight.

Article Link: First 27-Inch iMac Deliveries Now Arriving

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
looks exactly like my 2011 iMac from the front,

I can see why apple was so desperate to reduce the glare on the screen, everyone using these must be sat at a 60+ degree angle to the screen so they can view that "slim"(pointless) form factor as well.

shiseiryu1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
Don't hold your breath!

Great! Now how bout them new Thunderbolt Displays?

Yeah I'm disappointed by how long it typically takes for Apple to update their displays. :( Imagine how thin the display could be since it doesn't need to house a hard drive and other parts!

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Would like to hear what people who've got theirs today think about the screen gloss. Is it noticeably less glossy/reflective?

KohPhiPhi

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2011
As soon as the new Apple Thunderbold Display 27" comes out, I'll get it. I've been waiting for a USB 3.0 27" display to come out for a long time.

THOPMedia

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
FedEx tried to deliver mine but I wasn't there. Wasn't expecting it to come today. I'll have to go pick it up in a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.