Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeqls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
bromley, kent , uk
just wondering if apple will do a wireless number pad keyboard. i use my current windows pc number pad quite a bit and would miss it as and when i transfer to the new machine.

If they dont do one - any ideas why not??

JustMartin

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2012
UK
I ordered the little wireless one with the new iMac to see how I get on with it (can always go back to the wired one later). So far, haven't missed the numeric pad yet. Still groping for the cursor keys and missed a delete key once. But, it's early days yet and I haven't done any heavy word processing stuff where I'll likely miss the extra editing keys.

mikeqls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
bromley, kent , uk
ok thanks guys..looks like i'll just see if i do miss it....i can always resort to a wired one or if not i quite like the look of the logitech one.
thanks

baxlobs

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2012
Suffolk UK

It has had some terrible reviews on Amazon, poor build quality, high failure rate. That has put me off considering it, but maybe others have had a different experience. I will miss being able to use a number pad.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
It has had some terrible reviews on Amazon, poor build quality, high failure rate. That has put me off considering it, but maybe others have had a different experience. I will miss being able to use a number pad.

Which one? I'm considering my options as well.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
ok thanks guys..looks like i'll just see if i do miss it....i can always resort to a wired one or if not i quite like the look of the logitech one.
thanks

I just got my Logitech K750 (in black though, which I think looks nicer) and love it, possibly even more than the full size apple keyboard I was using for the past 5 years. The ONLY complaint is no light on the caps lock key, but the fact that I never have to charge it or buy batteries more than makes up for that. Also having a power switch on top is useful so that the cats don't wake my computer in the middle of the night.

Lukkee24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
London

That looks quite nice.. but the reviews don't look so good :(.
I've got my first Mac (iMac) and have chosen the wireless keyboard to see how I get on with it - will buy the wired one if I feel the need to have a number pad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.