Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
This is information for those with UPS (scheduled delivery Monday 12/17/2012) that is currently last checked in at Anchorage AK 12/11/2012 at 910PM Departure scan.

My wife's uncle (30 year recently retired logistics UPS employee) contacted his friends at Louisville Hub.

Here's the exact thing he just texted me what to expect:

"Package is in Louisvilel now, form there it will go by ground trailer to Orlando (my city). If the Grade Lane hub isn't too backed up, it will leave today for Orlando as an advanced service load. But if they get behind, they will "roll" it until tomorrow. It will updated when it leaves Lousiville or if there is an adverse exception that delays the scheduled delivery date"

"This Saturday is called "super saturday for UPS. We try to advance as much stuff as possible to take the spike off next week. Friday delivery of imac is possible but not 100%. Let's see when iMac leaves Louisville....if it leaves today, great chance you will get it Friday"

Crap, ask wife's uncle what "ground trailer" meant. He said once it's in Louisville, it will transit via a regular tractor trailer. They run with team drivers so the truck doesn't stop. If it leaves today, it will be processed on Orlando twilight sort tomorrow.

So my package has to leave Lousiville tonight if there's any chance for a Friday delivery. Can't believe UPS usually tractor trailer for long haul from Louisville to Orlando.

JonnyBravo

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2007
Glendale, CA
Just curious if you are on that first UPS train. That has switched delivery dates a few times and like you said is now the 17th by end of day. If so, does your tracking still show in Shanghai for the third day now? Mine shows that it had a departure scan monday, then an export scan tuesday, and now another departure scan for today. All in Shanghai, China. WTF is that? Anybody any ideas on this one?

Hey APLRULZ: Yes, I have the same statuses as you do. But the last status has it departing from Anchorage, AL at 9:10PM 12/11/12. Usually when I get shipments from Apple coming from China, they go to Anchorage --> Oakland --> to LA which usually takes a day. I'm kinda dumbfounded on this one though because delivery date is still scheduled for the 17th. Hope it didn't take a detour to a different sorting facility. I'm hoping for a surprise early delivery for the 14th myself. (Looks like some of the FedEx people are getting theirs a day early so us UPS folks can hope!) :cool:

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Wow I think it's a little bit too much that you guys are kinda upset/weird about shipping not getting to your houses a day early ... Think about it at least your not processing like some of us

Flukem

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Kansas City
Delivered 1 day early this morning. Order was completed within 2 minutes of site availability on 11/30.

•3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
•768GB Flash Storage
•NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
•APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
•Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
•COUNTRY KIT

photoz

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2006
For those with early FEDEX delivery, what was the shipping method?

Guessing 2 day that came in 1 day?
Or was it 2-3 day that came in 2 day?

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
Fedex and UPS both have the capacity to deliver them ahead of schedule. My iPhone 5 was delivered a day early by UPS. Having said that, it is the xmas season.... hubs for both companies are swamped I'm sure. I wonder if Apple gives them some sort of incentive for delivering on time or early. My guess is that the incentive is simply obtaining Apple's business, but who knows.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
UPS is a horrid company. I've never seen UPS do EARLY. I have seen UPS 'park' a package in their system plenty of times. Early just isn't in the UPS dictionary.

Agreed. UPS is way behind FedEx these days.

Even my wife's uncle (30 year UPS retired) admits it. But he tells me to keep using UPS so it helps with his dividens he gets from UPS plus his pension (but pension is seperate).

evan3168

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Virginia
For those with early FEDEX delivery, what was the shipping method?

Guessing 2 day that came in 1 day?
Or was it 2-3 day that came in 2 day?

Well I paid for 2-3 day expedited via Apple. It shipped out on Monday with a Thursday delivery estimate.

Still -- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday -- it was 3 days on a 2-3 day shipping timeframe.

taylord22

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Looks like my order is preparing for shipment (must've just changed): i5, 1TB fusion -- order complted within 7 minutes of the site being up.

Flukem

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Kansas City
Well I paid for 2-3 day expedited via Apple. It shipped out on Monday with a Thursday delivery estimate.

Still -- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday -- it was 3 days on a 2-3 day shipping timeframe.

This is the same way my shipment went, I also paid for 2-3 day shipping.

snugja

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
Delivered 1 day early this morning. Order was completed within 2 minutes of site availability on 11/30.

•3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
•768GB Flash Storage
•NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
•APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
•Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
•COUNTRY KIT

How's the FLASH? Excited to get mine as well with the same config.

Ccondo

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
Meanwhile, my 27" i7, 8gb ram, 3tb fusion and 680MX ordered at 12:10am PST on 11/30 is still in "process!"

Trying to be patient but getting pissed now.

DerekS

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
Is there anyone in the 12/24-12/31 window that has prepared for shipment yet?

Mine is still "Processing Items."

Did NOT expedite the shipping, nor am I willing to try. Card has a "pending" charge for the full amount.

Whatsit

Suspended
Sep 21, 2012
Columbus, OH
Is there anyone in the 12/24-12/31 window that has prepared for shipment yet?

Mine is still "Processing Items."

Did NOT expedite the shipping, nor am I willing to try. Card has a "pending" charge for the full amount.

Yes. My shipping window is listed as 12/24-12/31 and my status changed over to Preparing for Shipment sometime overnight. No expedited shipping here either. Card was charged yesterday morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.