Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
I guess they could always make it "faster", but my I5 is already fast enough that I don't think I could really tell a difference.

I think the camera is already pretty darn good. I could see them doing something to get rid of the "purple haze" problem. And this does indeed exist b/c mine does it when held at the right angle towards a bright light source.

Battery? Outside of improving the software, they would have to add more physical battery, which would increase the weight. Not sure they want to do that, but the i5 is so light, it's almost too light. I think they could add some battery and not hurt the phone.

The screen size won't change. I would love to see a 4.3, 4.8 screen, but that just isn't Apple's business plan...........yet. Like someone else said, I could see the iPhone 6 getting a bigger screen though. That is pefect bc that is close to when I can upgrade again. :)

I really like the i5, so I'm not going to care about the minor updates to the i5s. I will simply wait to my contract is up in 6/14 and check out my options.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
About the same time we can realistically expect people to stop talking about it a year before it comes out.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Idk if we'll see an A7 quad-core or not, but here's what I think:

- 32/64/128 GB
- Modest battery improvement
- Color choice (based off rumor, seems plausible)
- NFC
- Maybe better camera (I'm not sure they could squeeze one into the 7.6 mm frame, though)

That's really all I think, they need an A7 to make this a worthwhile update.
This.

This seems like a nice little upgrade for a S model. I'm looking forward to the colors.

zildMacjian

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
UK
Bottom line, it will be hard to get 5 owners to upgrade to a 5S. The only reason I upgraded from the 4S was b.c of LTE. The hardware is already more than sufficent in terms of processing power.

and alot will be locked into a 2 year contract

that why i didnt get the 4s ... anbd why my next will prob be the 6. :rolleyes:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
and alot will be locked into a 2 year contract

that why i didnt get the 4s ... anbd why my next will prob be the 6. :rolleyes:

That really doesn't effect a lot of people on At&t since they allow the subsidized upgrades. You could easily sell the 5 and and buy a 5S and actually make a profit or break even.

ignoring that fact though everyone else would suffer from the problem you described

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
If they fix the bendgate and scruffgate ill be happy and ill update my 4S with yet another apple phone.

The rest i dont really mind what they do to it.

lol. Enjoy your 4s. the majority of us who understand things are blown way out of proportion on the internets will enjoy our 5s

zildMacjian

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
UK
That really doesn't effect a lot of people on At&t since they allow the subsidized upgrades. You could easily sell the 5 and and buy a 5S and actually make a profit or break even.

ignoring that fact though everyone else would suffer from the problem you described

in the uk id prob be sell the 5 and buy a 5s fir an extra £100/£150 (if you get a good price for it)

tbh i just stuck with my 4 when the 4s came out ...

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
5S will have iOS7 which will continue to bore millions. It will have a more durable finish and perhaps a harder aluminum so it doesn't bend so easy. And of course better build quality.

It won't have a better battery, because they would have done that when they first designed the iPhone 5 (and could have made it a tad thicker to last longer). They chose thinness over usefulness.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.