Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nephlin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
iPad Mini unwrapped

So I purchased the iPad mini last week, one for my girlfriend then one for myself. I am impressed. I also own a Kindle Fire HD and the screen is almost an entire inch bigger but they both take up the same space. The only downside I would say is the screen resolution seems to be a bit bleh. I would prefer to do my netflixing, etc. on my Kindle. Another plus is that it optimally fits webpages, and the convenience of its size. The pros definitely outweigh the cons for me as I do most of my business on the go.

wick001

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
iPad Mini unwrapped

So I purchased the iPad mini last week, one for my girlfriend then one for myself. I am impressed. I also own a Kindle Fire HD and the screen is almost an entire inch bigger but they both take up the same space. The only downside I would say is the screen resolution seems to be a bit bleh. I would prefer to do my netflixing, etc. on my Kindle. Another plus is that it optimally fits webpages, and the convenience of its size. The pros definitely outweigh the cons for me as I do most of my business on the go.

I would personally never buy the iPad mini. It pales in comparison to the iPad 4 in pretty much every way. I can see if someone wanted it for portability, however I would probably look into the nexus 7 at that point.

nephlin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I would personally never buy the iPad mini. It pales in comparison to the iPad 4 in pretty much every way. I can see if someone wanted it for portability, however I would probably look into the nexus 7 at that point.

I haven't really looked into the Nexus 7 much, but I will. Is there any reason you would prefer the nexus 7 over all other devices?

wick001

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
I haven't really looked into the Nexus 7 much, but I will. Is there any reason you would prefer the nexus 7 over all other devices?

Well the Nexus 7 is Android, so If you like to tinker around and tweak settings, have widgets, and an overall less restricting experince on a small tab, the Nexus 7 is the way to go. It's pretty snappy to. Just remember, no back camera, no expansion slot.

I've had the Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 and 10.1, Asus TF700, Nexus 7 and 10, and now the Ipad 4. I can honestly say without a doubt the iPad 4 is the absolute best tab out there. The gpu performance is flawless.

nephlin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Well the Nexus 7 is Android, so If you like to tinker around and tweak settings, have widgets, and an overall less restricting experince on a small tab, the Nexus 7 is the way to go. It's pretty snappy to. Just remember, no back camera, no expansion slot.

I've had the Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 and 10.1, Asus TF700, Nexus 7 and 10, and now the Ipad 4. I can honestly say without a doubt the iPad 4 is the absolute best tab out there. The gpu performance is flawless.

Ok great, I have the iPad 2, maybe I'll upgarde it. :) Thanks!

wick001

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
Ok great, I have the iPad 2, maybe I'll upgarde it. :) Thanks!

Once you use the 2048 x 1536 "retina" display on the iPad, anything else will look like a childs toy. It really is incredible how sharp the screen is. Yes the Nexus 10 has a higher resolution, but I personally believe the processor is under powered for such a high res, plus on a 10" tab it's impossible to see the difference anyway. I also think the color reproduction on the Nexus 10 is washed out compared to the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.