Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsvrfactory

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
Chicago area
Does anyone have the family share plan for 10GB's and 4 smartphones? I'm thinking of adding my 2 kids to the plan but would like to know the cost of this plan with 4 iPhones including all taxes. Thanks in advance.

rsvrfactory

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
Chicago area
Nobody can help me out with this? I could figure it out, but I want to know what the actual taxes would be, not a guesstimate.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Not sure the exact amount of taxes, but it shows $240 + taxes/fees. And if you have a company discount, that comes off of the $120 for the data bucket. The $30/iPhone charge doesn't get a company discount.

jatt123

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2011
Fairfield,CA
Does anyone have the family share plan for 10GB's and 4 smartphones? I'm thinking of adding my 2 kids to the plan but would like to know the cost of this plan with 4 iPhones including all taxes. Thanks in advance.

Hey I can help you with this! I have the 10gb plan with 4 iPhone 5! Each line is 33.49 (with taxes). So you will pay 33.49 for the 3 lines then 4th line pays the whole plan. So for that line is 120 for the plan plus 30 for using the plan. Which comes out to be 153.49. So you will be looking at a grand total of 253.96 for 4 lines on the 10 gb. As for the data, for my family its more than we ever need! All 4 lines use the data to the max and we only end up using like 3 gb total. I guess since I have wifi at home and what you do on the network makes a different. If you have a FAN discount, it will take that percent out from the 120 ONLY. Plus you will get Facetime over 3G and tethering for added bonus! :)

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Not sure about the price of the plan in the states, but 10 GB for 4 people essentially means 2.5 GB for each person, should be alright.

Make sure your kids don't go on a rampant "download-apps-over-cellular" syndrome though.:)

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Not sure about the price of the plan in the states, but 10 GB for 4 people essentially means 2.5 GB for each person, should be alright.

Make sure your kids don't go on a rampant "download-apps-over-cellular" syndrome though.:)

Mobile Share gives the primary member the power to shut off data usage for any member of the group :D

Room not clean? No data for youuuuuu!!!

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Mobile Share gives the primary member the power to shut off data usage for any member of the group :D

Woah got such thing? Then next time when he reach his limit, just shut off one of his kids' data and he gets extra to use.:D

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town

This definitely comes in handy. I've had to shut my down twice over the past couple months for crazy data usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.