Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LucSkywalker

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Preparing for ship at specific dates

Has anyone with a Dec 27- Jan 3 delivery date seen a status change from processing to preparing to ship?

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Ordered the afternoon of 11/30

Yes this morning. Read my message earlier.

studiojackson

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Apple customer service sucks

When I call and asked why I seemed to have been skipped, I am told that unless I can provide an order number of the persons who I claimed got their order, they can't verify. They are basically saying I can't prove that others shipped before. Like the thousands of posts on this thread are all trying to wind me up. Photos of of received iMacs all photoshop or something.
Right. Thanks. Have a great day Apple.

kidwei

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
Being that I have the worst luck with this type of stuff, and my order finally went to "Preparing", I'd venture to guess that most orders that came in 11/30 (or at least the half of that day) are going to be shipped out this week or early next week. And if it's true that we're all getting upgraded to expedited, I'd be shocked if those orders didn't arrive before the end of next week. That's no consolation to those of us who're still waiting.. but the big picture is that we're all probably getting our iMacs well ahead of Apple's original promised time-window. And maybe we should just be happy for those who got *lucky* and got theirs this week. Sigh, maybe it's time I resign from this thread... which I certainly will do once I get a ship notice ;)

MHLF

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
For those of you still stuck in "Processing Items":

1) Confirmation email stamped 12:46am PST 11/30
i5, 8GB, 1TB FD, 680

2) Two separate pending CC charges show up around 9am PST 12/11
One for $30 shipping the other for iMac

3) As of 10:53am PST 12/12 still "Processing Items" with delivery estimate of 21-28th.

Must be on the production line having issues or something!

Between 11:26 and 11:53am PST my order changed to preparing!

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
When I call and asked why I seemed to have been skipped, I am told that unless I can provide an order number of the persons who I claimed got their order, they can't verify. They are basically saying I can't prove that others shipped before. Like the thousands of posts on this thread are all trying to wind me up. Photos of of received iMacs all photoshop or something.

I ordered mine at 12:15 Pacific on 11/30 and mine just went to prep. for shipment overnight. I called yesterday and the guy told me that they process on a "first-come-first-serve" basis... and that I can't believe everything I see online.

He was implying that:

a) People are posting fake screenshots

or

b) People are lying about what time they actually placed their order

Your best bet is to check your credit card. The pattern seems to be that they charge your card one day, it goes to preparing to ship about 24 hours after that, and then after another 12-14 hours to actually ship.

MHLF

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
On a happier note, my status FINALLY went into "Preparing for Shipment" just a moment ago. I will sadly admit that I've been refreshing my order page every 10 minutes or so.

I ordered an i5-3.2, 680MX, 1gb Fusion around 12:40am shipping to California. Though it feels like none of these factors really mean much.

Maybe there is a pattern! I have almost identical time/specs as you.

i5, 680, 1GB FD around 12:45am shipping to CA, just switched to preparing.

studiojackson

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
N is not equal to 1. There are hundreds.

I ordered mine at 12:15 Pacific on 11/30 and mine just went to prep. for shipment overnight. I called yesterday and the guy told me that they process on a "first-come-first-serve" basis... and that I can't believe everything I see online.

He was implying that:

a) People are posting fake screenshots

or

b) People are lying about what time they actually placed their order

Your best bet is to check your credit card. The pattern seems to be that they charge your card one day, it goes to preparing to ship about 24 hours after that, and then after another 12-14 hours to actually ship.

I really can't believe that all the posts here are BS. I think Apple dropped the ball.

Connormaynard

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
I'm so sick of everyone else getting freebies thrown in by Apple to appease the non-existant shipping lag! I mean, trackpads and keyboards were one thing, but they sent you a CAT??? No fair!

dont worry, just spoke to them and im getting a free lightsaber.

monoskier

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011

Ordered 11/29 @ 11:56 PM PST. The full amount was charged 12/10 to my AmEx. Order is still processing though. :mad:
3.4GHz i7, 8GB, 1TB F, GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5, Trackpad

<grumble grumble grumble>

Mac2133

macrumors member
May 31, 2012

Same exact response to my query. I placed order on 30th Nov 3 minutes after the iMac went live on sale. Order status still friggin' "Processing".. Dec 21-28.

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
I will sadly admit that I've been refreshing my order page every 10 minutes or so.

Every 10 minutes? Amateur!

I've written a melancholy and haunting new song called, "I'm Bitter and My Soul is Crushed." ;)

Seriously, though, as disappointed as I am, the delivery window on my order is Dec. 21-28, so it's not as if Apple has given me any indication that they won't meet that time frame. It just stinks that lots of other 27" iMacs ordered at the same time or later have already shipped, or in some cases, been received.

Last edited:

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
just checked the card... its says pending... and still processing.
images

kcramer

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
just checked the card... its says pending... and still processing.

Same here. Order time was 11/29 11:57pm and quoted delivery date 20-27. I'm stuck at Processing even though my card was charged over a day ago.

It's clear they are not processing orders in the order received. Unfortunately, I doubt the Apple reps have any idea what is going on. I had called just to ensure everything is ok with the order and they don't have more information than what is on the order screen. Anything beyond that information just seems to be a guess or opinion of that rep.

aerobyravol

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Switzerland
Has anyone with a Dec 27- Jan 3 delivery date seen a status change from processing to preparing to ship?

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
COUNTRY KIT

Ordered the afternoon of 11/30

Yes, I did order mine (2.9GHz, 16GB 3TB FD) on 11/30 and the delivery date is also Dec 27 - Jan 3. :(

Last edited:

BriMercer

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2010
Order Placed: Nov. 30; 12:09 AM PST

Credit Charged: December 10

Moved to Preparing to Ship: December 18; 8:30 PM PST (last night)

Changed to Shipped: December 19; 11:30 AM PST (about an hour ago)

And, wouldn't you know it, UPS. Erg.

Note, I received the change from Preparing to Ship to Shipped only upon it's departure scan from Shanghai.

shl4tech

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
Nevada, USA
Bto 27"

I placed my BTO order on 11/30 at 10:40am pst. Details:

16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
1TB Fusion Drive
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
COUNTRY KIT

Apple is still showing an ETD of 12/28/12 - 1/4/13 but I'm hoping that improves

Ccondo

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
Happy days! Mine finally went to "Preparing for Shipment."
What's the average from that time to delivery?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.